lay out im thinking for a home system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ronin, May 10, 2006.

1. Ronin

Ronin Guest

this would take awhile to assemble as money becomes available but this was an idea i got

paradigm studio 100s
    studio cc-570
    studio 20 rears

yamaha rx-v2500(considering a rx-v1600 as well, newer, lots of features, etc etc)

dual SVS 16-46 pc plus, i want something that can sink super low (the 16-46 can be tweaked to 12hz) and be reasonably loud while doing it. I figure one of these in each front corner of a room would be pretty intense. I should get ample mid bass output from the 100s so for subwoofers i will just need something to close out the frequency range with fury.

2 outlaw audio model 2200 single chanel amps for left and right channels (200 watts @ 8 ohms rms)

:dunno: i have the studio 20s already, looking at the 100s this week/weekend

receiver is also another soonish purchase (car being finished up soon 2 :bowdown: ) im getting closer to just about everything i could want, after this summer i can start saving money again :big grin:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2006
  2. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

Maybe forget the outlaw monoblocks and the yamaha, and go to a outlaw 990/7125 or 990/7500 combo? But then again it's like double the price.

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  3. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i really want to avoid a pre amp/amp set up, even the current set up im proposing is pushing what is reasonable for someone my age to own pricewise. im only 18 :hs:

and im really set on getting a receiver

4. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

Thats why you should spend money out your ass now before you are like me and worried about a house and car payments and supporting your growing family.:wtc:

5. Ronin

Ronin Guest

lol i am spending money out my ass, ill be able to live at home probably for about another 2 years though, local college ftw

6. Harry V. Gina

Harry V. Gina How did your family do in Katrina?

How big is the room you are using? Dual 16-46's might be overkill. Also, if you plan on putting them in seperate corners it is virtually impossible to get the phase right without using something like a Velodyne SMS-1. You can actually end up getting less bass at certain frequencies due to cancellation. Actually, I can almost guarantee you that you would be better of buying a SMS-1 and a PC-Ultra rather than a second PC+.

7. Ronin

Ronin Guest

wut about 2 +s in 1 corner?

room is 10 foot ceilings, L shape, then where cut out is, there is a room with no doorway.

i think its like 30x15, boot of L is prolly 20x20 give or take, no clue on exact measurements other than distance to ceiling is right around 10 feet.

yeah i wasnt exactly sure on what to do about the sub set up, thats where im most unsure.

ugh the sms1 is like 600 bucks

basically what i want from bass: ultra low, low as possible, and clean with enough output to make it really quench the thirst of most bass fiends in a large room. the key is that it goes very low though and does well doing it.

8. Harry V. Gina

Harry V. Gina How did your family do in Katrina?

Sounds like you would be a good candidate for the PB12-Plus/2. $1,200 and it will have as much output as 2 16-46+'s, and can be tuned to 16hz. If you can do it, I would also invest in some bass traps.

9. Ronin

Ronin Guest

hmm ill go review browsing for now

Edit: came back from looking at reviews and from what i've read I am seriously considering the ultra series :eek5:

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2006
  10. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Paradigm Studio 100's are usually way out of the question for an 18 year old kid, congrats and getting them.

11. Ronin

Ronin Guest

lol, word, well ive been wanting floorstanders really bad lately and i dont want to get something slightly better like 40s, and be dissapointed so i figure ill overkill on the 100s and have them for a very long time, ive had my 20s for about hmm, a year and a half almost 2 years :dunno: and they just arent cutting it for me anymore.

ill have to do a payment plan on the 100s/credit card with a beefy initial payment :\

12. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Haha, so you can't really afford them, your just trying to make it work. Gotcha. Its what I did when I got my home stereo.

13. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i think im gonna do a lay away, went in on saturday and forgot to bring my own testing material but they sounded pretty good, im gonna have to bring in something thats a lot more straining though that pushes them to its limitations, probably be doing that later this week/weekend

something with a lot of deep bass, transients and every genre i listen to