MMA lawler vs mayhem?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by brolli, Dec 10, 2005.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

was looking on sherdog... it seems like they are going to be fighting each other soon. Who do you think will take it and why?

I think that Lawler depends way too much on getting a lucky KO and probably couldn't keep it standing. Mayhem via sub.

2. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

mayhem predicted himself, win by RNC, and he doesnt want lawler to tap out. he wants him to just pass out, because its more honorable. lol, mayhems a funny guy

3. RMarks

RMarks New Member

I like watching both guys, I'm not sure who's gonna win. Whoever wins, it should be a great fight.

4. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

i like both of them...they should both be in UFC

5. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Both of them turned down UFC contracts because Icon was willing to pay them more money.

6. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

lawler too? interesting...i like lawlers aggressive style...his fight vs vitale was great

7. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i've never seen any lawler fights, so i'm going with mayhem just because i like him :o

8. vtecaholic

vtecaholic New Member

from kauaimartialarts.com

Jason trying to create "Mayhem" has some words for Robbie Lawler

“I’ve been thinking…and Robbie Lawler, I'm going to choke you unconscious. I have to. It's what I do…it's my destiny. Please don't tap. It makes for so much more of a heroic picture for you to go out on your shield. The Hawaiian Fans need this, and I'm going to bring the belt straight back to the rock. BJ Penn sold out and went back to the UFC instead of loving the Hawaiian fans. And he has Hawaiian blood running through his veins. I am 100% Honkey, but I have a passion for the island that no one else that sunburns has. I love the beach, the clubs and the people. From the giant Samoans to the tiny Viet-fobs, I have never been so loved and so hated so much in my life.
    I know everyone thinks that Robbie is too strong for me. I know that only the “Mayhem Monkeys” know in their hearts that I cannot be stopped. I will never quit. The fight won't be stopped "for a cut". I hope Robbie has his mom on speed dial…even though he is my friend outside of the ring, and he'll be the first victim to play my Xbox 360. With a training camp like mine: (OC-name-drop-style coming up) Rampage Jackson, Randy Couture, Dan Henderson, Jay Hieron, Forrest Griffin, Tommy Vietnammy, Art Santore, and Mike flippin Pyle, I CANNOT BE STOPPED. Especially with the monkeys of the world right behind me.”

9. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

hes a good striker and has decent takedown defense. mayhem can go through them with ease, but lawler always has a boxers chance. if mayhem is smart he'll take it to the ground

10. Robbie's a great fighter and I'll be happy to see him fighting again :)

11. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

yeah, i read some profiles on him and know that much. mayhem will definitely take it to the ground, just like his last two fights

12. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

Mayhem is really tough to KO and I think his jiu jitsu will be way to much for Robbie to handle once it goes to the ground.

13. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

what is the deal with this Icon promotion? I only saw one file of it on the tracker and it had no seeders.

14. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

woah i'll be cheering for mayhem, but lawler looks like a nightmare!

15. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

I hope Mayhem wins.