GUN Laurel must be on the local gun shop payroll. Also, primers in stock for WA guys.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Market Garden, Jun 13, 2009.

1. I figured I'd swing by my favorite local gun store today and pick up an IWB holster for my 340PD. Laurel and I hop in the car and head over there. The guy helps me find the holster I'm looking for on their wall of holsters, and I figure I'll ask if they have primers. He surprises the hell out of me by saying they do. I asked if they had SR and SP primers, and it turns out they do. I ask for 1k of each. While I'm paying for my holster and primers I see Laurel talking to one of the other guys. After I finish my conversation with the guy who sold me the stuff I head over to see what Laurel and the other guy are talking about. On the counter sits a FN PBR complete with an IOR scope. It was priced @ $1995 or something. That's a little more than I was looking to spend when I figured I'd just go pick up a holster. We got to talking about 700s and prices, and it turns out that they've got a 700 SPS Tactical in .308 coming in on Tuesday. To make a long story short, I ended up buying it for Laurel. :hsugh: :hs:

Last time I took her to the gun store I ended up buying the 340PD, which I wasn't planning on either.

Cliffs:

Adventure Sports has a selection of primers in stock.
    Laurel has a new 700 coming.

2. Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger New Member

:cool:

I'd like to get a .308 sometime in the future. Thought about the 700 or the 10fp from Savage

3. Laurel

Laurel New Member

:big grin:

I'm giddy. Market Garden has no self control when it comes to buying guns. :hs:

4. Anyone want to buy my Springer Precision set up STI Spartan?

5. I'll post pics of it tonight. Here are the specs from Springer:

http://springerprecision.com/specials.asp

I paid $1,000 for it. He usually lists them for $1200. I really don't know what it's worth... maybe $700? It's in good shape, with normal wear and tear from IDPA and USPSA matches on it. It's got about 2,000 rounds through it. I also have 6 Wilson 47D mags and 5 Wilson 47T mags to sell. Oh, and a Safariland 012 holster for it. It's a great setup for someone looking to get into IDPA or USPSA.

6. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

What did the SPS cost you?

I bought the .308 for $550 and the .223 for a DPMS complete lower. (I call them the twins)

I have seen the SPS for $575 here in Tx in the last month for $600

7. It is a SPS Tactical. $650. The best online prices I can find are like $600. Add in shipping and FFL fee and you're up to at least $650.

8. Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger New Member

thats not bad at all. if you look at the Gallery of Guns search and look at the inventory for local shops, it gives you that price. Discount Guns sells em at that price too. So it must be a common price around here.

9. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

you still shoot IDPA/USPSA?

10. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

Yea both mine are Tac. That is a decent price. Gun shoots like a dream. i left the houge stock on and put a Millet TRS/LRS 1 on it and it shoot .sub MOA all day. more like .75"

I will eventually put a different stock on but hell I`m happy with .75 and thats factory 168gr match BT

11. I actually haven't in a few months. I've been shooting weekly rifle matches that have a pistol component too. I'm using my Glock now. I like it more than the 1911. Between the weekly rifle matches and the classes I've taken, and the 2 more I have this year I'm actually doing more shooting now.

12. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Yeah it seems primers are finally coming back. congrats Laurel on the new rifle :)

13. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

14. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I guess I'll need to register on snipers hide now. :hs:

15. Ok. Here are some pics of the 1911... I really don't know what to ask for it. Springer doesn't show a price on his site now, so I don't know what he charges for them at this time. Like I said before, he had them listed for $1200 usually. The gun is in excellent mechanical shape, the slide to frame fit is very solid. I bought it as a competition gun, and used it as a competition gun, so there are scratches from use and from the Safariland holster, as well as some holster wear marks from my kydex IDPA holster. Also, there is wear on the IonBond where you grip the gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. I was slightly wrong about the mags. I have 6 46Ts and 5 47Ds. Here are the mags and the Safariland race holster for the gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I almost bought a spartan the other day. Don't temp me with that thing :o I can't afford .45 and I shoot better with my Glock. I have to convince myself not to buy a 1911

18. Laurel

Laurel New Member

MG told me that he'd buy me the bolt gun on the condition that I let him sell the 1911(which I love) and I had to think long and hard to make the decision.

19. You should definitely buy it. It will revolutionize your shooting.

20. AB13

AB13 New Member

MG, I think I have a buyer for you, hold that Spartan and gear for me.

21. :bowdown: Thanks!

EDIT: If you've got someone who wants a whole setup, I'll sell the CR belt and mag pouches too.

22. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I think you made the right choice. That 700 will be pretty damn slick.

23. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Yeah, it's a solid platform, something that I should be able to learn on, stock, then modify as I see fit should I ever decide to get into match shooting. :cool:

24. That's what it came with. It's not as durable as the other IonBond finishes from what I hear, but it's not a gun that was intended to look pretty.

25. AB13

AB13 New Member

Hey MG, I think my little cousin will buy the entire set up from you. I know it's not around the corner, but we all plan to shoot Paul Bunyan Tomorrow. Anyhow, consider it pretty much sold.