LGBT Latest Trends for Men

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Aero277, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Aero277

Aero277 OT Supporter

Hey You guys,
    I don't know, Ib i get flamed for this or somethin, but Just wondering. I'm always online usually searchin for clothes and latest trends/styles and all that kinda stuff (I'm 100% straight) But What are some of the latest styles you ppl are noticing for younger people. I hate how ppl my age wear saggy ass jeans and let their boxers hang out and I get ridiculed for lookin like a fag? :ugh: But in reality, I get passed on a lot more for acting mature and especially looking a lot older than I really am. People get surprised when they find out my age.

Do You guys find anythign wrong with that? But the hardest part is finding ideas. I mean you see a helluva lotta stuff at AE and Hollister and A&F, but I kinda try to stay away from them when I can, it's just that soo many people wear it and especially my age. I usually get Diesel, G-star, FCUK, Guess, A/X, and all that, but I think I'm straying from the actual point of the thread...

What kind of styles and trends have you OT'ers noticed lately that would also work well for ppl in late teens and early-mid 20's?

2. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

all kinds of trends I suppose. Depends what you're into I guess...

3. Redsky

Redsky Beat the one you love.

Avoid centering your wardrobe around fashion. Fashion is temporary and seasonal. You should try to own things that are stylish, that work with many outfits and can be used for a very long time.

Avoid trends like the plague.

4. archangel

archangel Active Member

I always dress in a classic sense w/ a modern flair. Classic cuts and colors, but mix and wear it modernly depending on occasion.

5. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

I think there is a new trend in fashion in our age group, in that there are group of people who are dressing just how you descirbe. Those of us who arent metro or anythign like that, we just want to dress nicely (one main reason for me at least is attracting chicks who arent trashy, but a little more upper class and respectable)

6. Taylor

Taylor Guest

That is metro. You may not be one of the over-the-top metros who gets manicures and shit, but the biggest thing about metros is just dressing nicely, rather than the typical preppy A&F or punk shit.

People are starting to talk about being metro like it has the stigma of being gay :ugh:

7. Creator

Metro in my mind has a really negative conintation, and something I dont see my self apart of. I guess because its always grouped with being gay. But im just sick of the typical shit that everyone wears, this stylish stuff is so much more me, i feel. Im spending so much damn money latley though, just got a nice Polo shirt, three La Costa polos, a purple label shirt, a pair of g-star jeans and a pair of diesel jeans. What are some other good brands I should look at?

8. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Banana Republic, Express are similar styles to those but less expensive. Diesel is good. Versace has some really awesome jeans. Lucky brand jeans, also, and they're a little less expensive. RL is good, purple label is good shit but really expensive. If you're looking at Purple Label, look at Prada as well, about the same price range and some really cool Italian styles. H&M has some cool stuff at pretty low prices but a lot of their stuff is way too gay even for me.

And don't think that being associated with being gay is negative... who cares, really? If you're not, then it shouldn't be an issue. But it shouldn't be insulting, that's just perpetuating bad stereotypes about being gay. :)

9. Creator

are there style websites or anything? I just bought Color for Men after reading about it here, pretty interested to see what that says.

10. Taylor

Taylor Guest

GQ, Maxim, Stuff are all good sources for style. They use the big designers and typically have a few different price ranges. Maxim often designs outfits and shows you a high and a low price alternative for the looks.

11. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I am really tired of people lumping Metro in with the LGBTQ Community. Uhh, one is a sexual orientation and one is a fashion/grooming sense.

As for what's new, we are gonna see a huge shift to large belt loops and more stylized belts with large buckles. D&G just released a huge belt line, and I noticed that one many of the new lines, there are very stylized and very large belt loops on a many new pant.

12. Taylor

Taylor Guest

:squint:

13. CoCo

dammit, stop that!

14. Redsky

Redsky Beat the one you love.

I've been rocking the large buckles for a while now :gome:

15. CoCo

:coold: