latest nvidia update

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DigiCrime, Sep 20, 2009.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I was using 186.18 for my 9800 GTX but a windows update messed that up somehow and had been blue screening ever since. Removed it all and tried 190.62 and somehow it messed up my primary/secondary display so I've had to move the monitors around. Anyway now I got to much brightness/gamma. Uninstalled, went back to 186.18 and it wouldn't install. Just errored about a missing file... it still installed after I hit ok on the error but then my vibrance was off... way to much red. Anyway back and forth with this all day now I am back on the 190 build for now but colors are really messed up compared to what they were originally.

I've always used ATI products so nVidia is new to me. The hell happened here did these Geforce/ION drivers mess up my card or something ? Everything looks like crap now :wtc: clarity is gone.

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Download & install Driver Sweeper http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
    Uninstall the drivers
    Restart into SafeMode and run Driver Sweeper to remove any left over ATI and nVidia drivers
    Still while in SafeMode install nVidia drivers, restart when asked

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Tried this. It crashes as soon as i hit the start button. im on vista 64bit if that helps any

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

In that case, try DriverCleaner Pro.

5. negative zero

negative zero New Member

system restore?

6. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Just did a format actually and did use drivercleanerpro. So everything is fresh. I got the colors a little better using the adjustments but quality isn't the same anymore. I'll get used to it. Better cards are hitting the market now so I'll just deal with it :hsd: