Latest interesting detail

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by RyRy, Oct 8, 2008.

1. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

1999 Silverado LT 44,033 miles.... never had any waxing or polishing done before. :eek3: Pics when I'm finished but I'm laying down a quick coat of Meguiars cleaner wax and it's looking like whoa! :bowdown:

2. Derek173

Derek173 Analyst and Therapist

I have a small bottle of the Megs Cleaner Wax. Is this just a polish with some wax in it? I imagine it is a one step process and you wouldnt be able to top with a selant.

Paging S.Wax

3. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Blah! Pictures from the BlackBerry do not do this Silvy justice! When I first got it it looked clean from 10ft away but when you got closer there was this nasty film. Now it's a metallic burgundy almost mirror! I also tried the Stoner tire gloss out with this detail, easy to use however it seemed like I had to re-go over a couple of spots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Meguiars cleaner wax has a chemical paint cleaner and wax in it. You can top it with another wax or a sealant if you wish.

5. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

For as cheap as I'm doing details, unless someone pays extra for a multi-step, they are just getting Meg Cleaner Wax or NXT (whichever I happen to have a bottle of at the time). I did: wash, clay, wax, interior wipe down, cleaned the leather seats with leather cleaner, vacuumed and scrubbed what carpets still didn't have the plastic on them, and cleaned the windows for $40.00. Normally for this price I would not have clayed or cleaned the carpets but the guy is a friend of my Aunt and I'm trying to steal business away from the other "detailers" around here who charge 65 per car.

6. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I wouldn't necessarily try to low ball other detailers. Let you work speak for itself and you'll have customers coming in.

7. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I live in BFE Mo nobody and I mean nobody is going to pay me the $100+ used to get when I was in the KC Metro for college. Around here most vehicles are lucky if they get ran through a car wash once every month or two. . . So trying to tell people I'll "clean" their cars as they call it for $100 is like trying to sell them all a 2008 Escalade EXT for full MSRP. . . They just don't have the money. Shit people around here get fully excited over making $8.00 per hour. Then again that's why nobody sticks around here when you're young. However you can live hear cheap which is why I am here (well plus family).

8. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

hmm. i'd drop the clay step. and go to just a carpet mat shampoo.

or i'd just read your post and see what you're doing.

9. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Well I only do the clay step if it needs it or if I'm doing the show car glaze and yellow tech wax. I don't use an actual carpet cleaner, I make a mixture up using detergent and water in a spray bottle, vacuum it first then scrub and re-vacuum. It seems to work better and is easier to get everywhere :dunno: