Latest details™ v. Porsches, S2000s, M3, 330, X5s, Supra, Jag, Denali, more

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Detailing EDU: http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2517501

Our detailing forum: http://forums.offtopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

1995 BMW M3. The owner just bought the car and brought it back here from California, where the mid-30 degree temperatures and strong north wind must have been a real shock to the sheetmetal! This one has the 321 hp (if I remember right) European engine in it. The paint wasn't too badly oxidized but the roof and hood were definitely lighter than the rest of the car. Here are a few before shots. The wheels and fenderwells had already been cleaned in these pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once we had the car washed and interior vacuumed, the car was pulled into the garage, where my son detailed the interior and I polished the paint. The lighting was pretty good, although we had the garage door pulled down since it faced the north and the winds were blowing 20-35 mph all day.

I took several pics during the polishing process and these are the only ones that turned out even halfway okay. Using flash washed the other shots out so bad they were useless.

The rear fender is polished using Optimum Polish and green Propel lite cut Cyclo pads. With lighting the difference between the two is just not as apparent on film as it was in person but I think you can see the difference in gloss and reflection between the two:

[​IMG]

Now both sides are polished:

[​IMG]

After Optimum Polish, I used Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze via PC and a white LC (yellow when I finished!!) and topped with Meguiars #16.

By the time we finished, it was very late in the day and overcast. The paint is actually a bit darker in person. Stupid winter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The engine was washed down (it wasn't very dirty) with Optimum No Rinse and dressed with Armor All.

[​IMG]

The interior was cleaned with Woolite/water and the vinyl dressed with Optimum Protectant Plus and the leather with Leather Master's Leather Vital.

[​IMG]

============

2006 Mercedes ML500. Polished and sealed this one several months ago with Prime and Acrylic Jett. Still seemed to be holding up okay despite nothing more than tunnel washing. The owner wanted me to put a quick coat of wax on it to make it through the rest of the winter, even though it could use some polishing. The way the winter has been, he'd rather wait until the chance of snow or ice is completely past. They sand the streets here and that stuff is pretty tough on paint. Anyway, just a quick ONR wash and waxed with Meguiars #16. Just a couple pics, I'll take more late spring/early summer when I go nuts on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

=============

2006 BMW 330i. I regularly polish and wax his wife's G35 but this is the first time I have done anything to his relatively new 330. Overall it was in good shape, just some light spider swirls. While I still had some sun, I went over the trunk lid with Meguiars #80 and green Propel lite cut Cyclo pads. First polishing session took about about 85% of the swirls, the second session got pretty much all the rest. Same with the hood. The rest of the paint was fine with one polishing session per panel. Finished out really nicely too, very deep and wet. Simply finished it off with Meguiars #16, then scheduled his wife's G35 for about a month from now during spring break (she is a teacher).

Like usual the past few months, by the time I finish, it is getting close to sunset. Nowhere in the driveway or even the street to pull the car to get out of the shadows of impending dusk. The car is actually a dark blue metallic, in case anyone was wondering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

==============

2006 Honda Accord and 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle. I've posted these before but I want to take you through a typical maintenance/wash type job and how you can do them quickly and easily.

I normally clean the Accord owner's Titan at his office but he drove the Accord to work this time. He is on a maintenance plan, so basically, I do what the vehicle needs each time for a set price. That is only something I do on cars I have already completely detailed, or new cars I have done a polish/wax on. The interior really only needed a wipe down but the cloth seats in the new Accords are lint magnets, so my son had to run a lint roller over the seats after vacuuming. While my son was doing that, I got busy on the exterior. I had last waxed it in December and although it was still beading well (Natty's Blue, if I remember right), we had a tough few months of weather and spring rain is coming up. I decided to apply Optimum Car Wax while I washed it with Optimum No Rinse. Basically, I wash a section with ONR, make the first drying pass, spritz the area with OCW, and then make a final drying pass. Very fast way to wax a car and you only have to go around it once. The car was actually pretty dirty but silver hides it well, especially on a sunny, mid 70s late February day. No, your eyes do not deceive you, the tires, wheels and fenderwells are already done. I do them first, especially on windy days so any dressing overspray that gets on the car when spraying the fenderwells is washed off when I wash the body of the vehicle.

Fender washed/waxed, door untouched-the dirty film is most apparent on the door below the side molding:

[​IMG]

Both sides finished:

[​IMG]

Door untouched:

[​IMG]

Door ONR'ed and OCW'ed:

[​IMG]

Finished shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had polished and sealed the New Beetle a couple of weeks ago, using Poorboy's Polish w/Sealant and Werkstatt's Acrylic Jett. Just an ONR wash this time.

This first shot really isn't indicative of the Beetle's color, the picture above where it is next to the Accord is more accurate. I included this pic especially for you people still freezing up north-you can see how my son is dressed in February in Texas (although, admittedly, it was in the 30s for highs last week).

[​IMG]

No swirls....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A shot of the two together. They are not moved back to keep them out of the shadows for the pics but to make sure the tires are evenly dressed. I find that is it necessary to move the car so the tires are 180 degrees from their position when originally dressed to make sure the dressing is applied evenly all the way around the tires.

BTW, my son and I were in and out of there in 90 minutes. :)

[​IMG]

=================

2005 Lexus LS430. Another easy one. He has a Civic (daily driver) and the LS430 he and his wife use mainly for long trips. I wash one and wax the other about every 6-8 weeks. It was the Lexus' turn and this time it needed some light polishing. They've had the car a year now and this is the first time I've had to do more than just wax. It has a couple minor paint transfers on the back end and some tar spots on the rocker panels. No real correction was needed, very swirl free for a 2005! I polished it with Poorboy's Polish w/Sealant and buffed that off with Werkstatt's Acrylic Jett Trigger. Really fast way to polish and seal a car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close-up of the pearl flake, not sure why the color is so far off. :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

==============

2006 Jaguar XK. Last polished out and waxed in mid-November. Was originally supposed to just be a wash but when I reminded him it had been 3 months since it was waxed, he said if I could wash and wax it in 90 minutes (he had a plumber coming out to his house he had to let in) to go for it. As I washed it with ONR, I also applied OCW and then finished it off with a coat of Meguiars #16 Paste. Ended up taking about 80 minutes. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

================

1989 Toyota Supra, non turbo. It had been repainted and it is a so-so job. The trim wasn't removed, just taped off so the paint is peeling in a couple areas. Plus, according to the owner, the hood was horribly oxidized before the repaint and it appears when the hood was sanded down, no real effort was made to sand it with a finer grade paper or using a good primer to fill the sanding marks. The rest of the car was pretty good though and the orange peel was pretty minimal.

The hood was polished with Optimum Hyper Compound using orange Cyclo cutting pads, then the whole car with Optimum Polish using green Cyclo polishing pads. I followed with Optimum Poli-Seal using my PC and a white LC polishing pad. I sealed it with my 80/20 blend of Meguiars #16 and FK's Pink Wax, spit-shined with Optimum Car Wax.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

=============

2007 GMC Denali. The owner got it last week. She had intended to buy her 3rd Expidition in a row, but after all the problems she had with the second one, plus the dealer wanting $56,000 for a new Expidition with all the options she wanted, she opted to look elsewhere.

Really nice SUV, seems just as big inside as her last Expidition but smaller on the outside. Orange peel is a bit better overall than other '07 full sized GM SUVs but the roof is pretty bad.

I started with Poorboy's Polish w/Sealant and had planned on using Werkstatt's Acrylic Jett...until I had finished polishing and she came out and said she had to leave in 15 minutes. :nervous2: Luckily, I still had some Acrylic Jett Trigger left and used it to remove the very minimal excess from polishing with PwS and laid down a super slick and wet looking finish. I got down with about a minute left to take pics, so I only got a few. Pretty cool color, the lighting really influences how it looks. In the shade, it looks blue, believe it or not! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close up of the metallic...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  2. Ore

Ore OT Supporter

man i used to work at a car dealership where a clearly mentally ill person did the same job as you.

3. Scottwax

2002 Audi A6. First time I did this one, it was horribly hammered by the dealer. Now it basically needs light polishing to keep it up. Optimum Poli-Seal using a white LC polishing pad and Meguiars #16 by hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is his wife's '06 Mercedes ML350. Excellent shape overall but he had the right front fender repainted and for some reason, they managed to leave rotary tracers....on the hood. :wall Ceramiclear paint too. :hairpull

I used Optimum Hyper Compound and orange Cyclo cutting pads, followed by Optimum Polish using green Cyclo polishing pads to remove the swirls. The rest of the ML, including the repainted fender, were swirl free so I just went over it with Meguiars #16.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

============

2004 Acura MDX. Regular customer, he has me wax it every 2 months. However, with the horrible weather we had most of January and a cold weather for much of February, it was past the 3 month point this time. When it was just past two months since it was waxed, he put on a coat of #26 on his own before a road trip over the Werkstatt's Acrylic Jett I had used. He said it was still beading nicely but he didn't want to take any chances because of the trip. I didn't want to put AJ over #26 and it really didn't need any polishing so no sense using Prime to remove #26 and lay down a good base for AJ, so I just applied a coat of my 80/20 blend of Meguiars #16 and FK's Pink Wax. Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Gel on the rubber trim-very nice product, similar to #38.

Very few peeks of sun, so it was hard to get the full effect of the metallic in the MDX's paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

==============

My 1999 Mazda 626. Last waxed sometime in early November (#16/Pink Wax mix) and washed 3 times since, twice by me and once by the body shop that repaired the left from fender my brother's wife back into. The hood was also repainted and the shop did an excellent job on the repairs but not so good with the wash. My fault too, for dropping it off as dirty as it was but I had no time to wash it before taking it in. Not to mention my paint is a lot softer than the Spies-Hecker paints this shop uses. Anyway, I was exepecting to have to polish the car out after so little care during the winter so no biggie.

Here is a before shot, showing the marring and scuffing from the wash-

[​IMG]

I started off with Optimum Polish using orange Cyclo cutting pads but it was leaving a lot of hazing.

[​IMG]

I followed with Optimum Polish using green Cyclo polishing pads and even this (except on the repainted hood and fender) left some minor hazing. Told you I have soft paint! I ended up sticking with OP and the green pads for the rest of the car, then followed with Optimum Poli-Seal using white Cyclo finishing pads. This shot is after both those steps (OP/green, OPS/white).

[​IMG]

A couple more sun shots before I started on the passenger side:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used Clearkote's Carnauba Moose to wax after polishing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see in this picture, the repair and repaint on the fender and hood are first rate with very minimal orange peel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

=============

1999 Chrysler Town & Country. Owned by an older man with no young kids so it was in excellent condition, especially on the inside. The horizontal surfaces needed some light claying but the swirls were very minimal for the van's age. I ended up using Optimum Polish with green Cyclo polishing pads and topping with my 80/20 blend of Meguiars #16 and FK's Pink Wax.

[​IMG]

I tried to capture both the metallic flake and the lack of swirls in this shot but the sun caused a lot of glare. You can see the sun spot if you really look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

================

2004 Lexus SC430. Weekly wash customer, last waxed with Souveran in late July. Probably only driven 1000 miles since. Her and her husband are getting a divorce and she is going to be driving the SC more than she was so she said to go ahead and wax it this time. Minimal swirling (only has 7100 miles on it) so Optimum Poli-Seal using a white LC polishing pad did a good job on them. I topped it with Clearkote's Carnauba Moose Wax.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

===============

I had several vehicles to do today. My customer with the huge house and wood paneled garage with 30' high ceilings, XM radio pumped in and an ice machine sold the house and the new owners were taking possession this evening at 6 PM. My son and I arrived at 10 AM and we had his Porsche Cayenne Turbo and wife's Lexus LX470 to wash and wax, his F-250 to detail, along with the golf cart, plus wash his Kawasaki Mule and John Deere Gator. He was leaving the golf cart, Mule and Gator for the new owners since his new house is on a more normal size plot of land, instead of the 35 acres he had. In addition, the F-250 had to be done by 3:30 PM since he had sold that too (no room at his new place) and the guy who bought it was going to be there at that time to pick it up.

Lucky for us, this guy takes really good care of all his vehicles, I wash either the F-250 or Cayenne every week, plus I go out to his house to at least wash and wax everything (expect the utility vehicles) 5-6 times a year.

I am only posting a quick pic of the golf cart since I've posted pics of the Cayenne and F-250 at least a few time and the pics of the LX470 are on the new roll in my camera. I used Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze by hand, followed by Optimum's Poli-Seal, also by hand on the body of the cart and Armor All applied with a foam hand pad on all the plastic and rubber trim. OPS on the plexiglass.

[​IMG]

One last shot of the garage. Not sure if I will see it again but my customer said he'd pass my name along to them. Said they are filthy rich (they paid CASH for the 11,000 square foot house, plus the carriage house (where this garage is), stocked pond, barn, tennis court and 35 acres) and I should charge accordingly!

[​IMG]

BTW, he sold the house since it is down to just him and his wife. His kids are mostly done with college and just don't come home all that often. He and his wife want to travel and they really can't with their property needing as much attention as it does. He will be renting a house for a year that is a lot smaller and has only a two car garage and really hasn't decided what he will do after that.

===========

2002 Honda Accord. A continuation from the interior detail I did on it a few weeks back. Her Dad bought a gift certificate from me for a full detail on her car and the first appointment we scheduled, she only had a couple of hours time so I just detailed the interior. She finally had enough time for me to come back and finish. I knew from the last time I detailed it a couple of years ago, even though it is an '02, it didn't have a clear coat. It hadn't been waxed since I had done it in May 2005, so it was beginning to oxidize.

[​IMG]

This is after Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze using green Propel lite cut Cyclo pads...and also my son cleaning the wheel and tire.

[​IMG]

The left half of the hood is polished as above, the right side untouched. I think you can see the difference in how the wiper blade are reflected on each side.

[​IMG]

This is after going over the whole car with #80 and the Cyclo, followed by Optimum Poli-Seal via PC using a white LC polishing pad, and waxed with Meguiars #16.

[​IMG]

In the full sun, the brightness washed out the shine and reflection but I also included some shade shots that really show it off nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. B17A

B17A Now with more ///M

I wish you were in GA to do my S2K. :sad2:

5. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

I don't know why somebody would pay to have a late 80s non turbo Supra detailed, but more power to them.

Everything looks great, as always.

6. Hound of Winter

Hound of Winter Active Member

7. OneTwo

OneTwo me>you OT Supporter

dont you EVER refer to that car as a Supra again.

8. DI2009

DI2009 New Member

OMG that M3 is so fucking beaut. I wish you could do mine..You are the fucking best dude.

[​IMG]

It needs it bad

9. DI2009

DI2009 New Member

Ditto. I have a few he could do for me..:hs:

10. B17A

B17A Now with more ///M

Let's get a groupbuy going. :x:

11. sub9lulu

sub9lulu LSx RX-7 in progress krew

lol wtf golfcart

12. JP

JP Active Member

i came in looking for the s2k :hs:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  13. B17A

B17A Now with more ///M

Actually, I might be a bit embarrassed by the condition of my paint. :o :o

14. Scottwax

2000 Porsche Carrera Aero. Last detailed May 20th of last year using Werkstatt's Prime and Acrylic Jett. Still slick, still looked really good. No swirls to speak of. I went over it with Werkstatt's Prime using a blue Propel finishing pad and Optimum Opti-Seal by hand.

My son brought his digital camera (Fuji Film F470, 6 megapixel) so I have noted digital pics. Some of them are a bit dark, still working on the proper settings. Some of the print film shots are a touch light-full sun and silver, oh boy!

[​IMG]

Digital-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Digital-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next two, both digital-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

===============

2003 BMW X5. Same last detail date as the Carrera. Again, holding up nicely 9 months later. I again started with Werkstatt's Prime using a blue Propel finishing pad and followed with Zaino Clear Seal by hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Digital-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comparison thoughts between Opti-Seal and Clear Seal:

1. Both have excellent slickness

2. Both take an equally small amout to cover a whole vehicle

3. Both dry streak free unless you use too much and in both cases, once the product is dry, you can simply wipe off the excess.

4. Opti-Seal has a very wet look, Clear Seal is more subtle-basically, how the prep looks, that is pretty much what you get. Side by side, Prime vs Opti-Seal, there was a very noticable increase in wetness. Side by Side, Prime vs Clear Seal, the increase was there, just not "wow' like Opti-Seal. The name "Clear Seal" though, is very accurate, basically, it seems to seal in the look you already have, probably so it doesn't alter the look of Z2 or Z5. In any event, Prime itself is pretty wet looking so topping with Clear Seal still gives a really good look.

5. Durability to be determined...

=============

2006 BMW 330ci. Regular customer, last waxed in December using OCW while washing with ONR. Fast forward nearly 3 months and lots of nasty weather in January and February and you get this:

(Fenderwells already cleaned and dressed so any overspray is washed off when the car is washed)

[​IMG]

During the Optimum No Rinse Wash:

[​IMG]

Paint still looks pretty good:

[​IMG]

All washed and the tires dressed with Armor All:

[​IMG]

A week or so ago, a mud flap fell off a semi and nailed the driver's side front fender and door, luckily it was just rubber transfer that came off pretty easily using Optimum's Poli-Seal using a while LC polishing pad. I followed with Opti-Seal. As above, digital shots are noted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Digital-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Digital-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

=============

Quick continuation from the last thread with the cool garage. The Porsche Cayenne just got a quick wax (Meguiars #16) to get it back on track with his wife's Lexus. Now it will make for a more profitable day with both to wax at the same time instead of wax one, wash the other. The F-250 was sold and the new owner was picking it up later in the afternoon...and found out he lives right by me and intends to have me continue to take care of it! Anyway, my son detailed the inside and I washed it with Optimum No Rinse and applied Optimum Car Wax as I dried. The LX470 was polished with Optimum Poli-Seal using a white LC polishing pad and sealed with Meguiars #16.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

=============

1995 Porsche Carrera. The owner is a dog lover, takes his chocolate and black labs to work with him (he owns a computer book business) so even though he had vacuumed a few days prior, it still needed a lot of vacuuming. The exterior was single stage white. Oxidation was reasonably light. After an ONR wash and claying, I polished it with Optimum Polish using green Cyclo polishing pads, followed by Poli-Seal using a white LC polishing pad and topped with Meguiars #16. The black plastic over the engine was treated with Forever Black, a dye that I got from the customer with the nice garage. The plastic black bumpers got Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Gel. I didn't take any interior shots, with the car in the full sun, there were too many shaded areas to get anything worth posting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

=============

2005 Honda S2000. This car had some of the softest paint I have ever worked on. :nervous2: The owner had polished it with a PC and Poorboy's SSR1 a while back but said he was having some problems with hazing and marring. Once I washed it, I saw what he was talking about. I started on the hood with Optimum Polish using green Propel lite cut Cyclo pads and was getting a fair amount of hazing but it also did a great job on the mostly light halo swirls. I decided to cut back a bit and see (since the paint was so soft) if a lighter polish/pad combo would correct the paint without leaving marring to polish out. I switched to my PC and used a white LC polishing pad with Clearkote's Vanilla Moose. That really did the trick, although after polishing and before waxing I had to go over the car with Quikshine to remove the excess oils left behind by VM that left some light smearing.

Before:

[​IMG]

After VM and a white LC pad-I think you can see the light smearing I was talking about:

[​IMG]

Before:

[​IMG]

Again (and again, some light smearing):

[​IMG]

After going over the car with VM and then with Quikshine, I waxed it with Clearkote's Carnauba Moose.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The owner of the S2000 wants me to come out to his house and wash it every couple of weeks, definitely going to use Monster Fluffy's on this one to keep it as mar free as possible!

I also detailed his younger brother's 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. For a vehicle driven by a high school senior, it was really in excellent shape. It needed some light claying, then I used Optimum Polish and green Propel lite cut Cyclo pads, and my son waxed it with my 80/20 blend of Meguiars #16/FK's Pink Wax.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

==========

1997 Ford Explorer. Owner called and said he needed it cleaned up because some friends were coming in from out of town. Uh-oh, that could be trouble! Calls like this are scary, you never know if it is just so disgusting they are embarassed to pick up their friends. It had been a full 4 years since I had last detailed it and frankly, I didn't remember what it was like the last time. When my son and I got there, we were relieved to see it wasn't too bad. Minimal swirls, some paint transfers and the interior, while obviously needing a good cleaning, wasn't even close to the worst we've seen.

The exterior was polished with Optimum Compound using green Cyclo polishing pads, then with Poli-Seal using a white LC polishing pad and PC. I sealed with my 80/20 blend of #16 and Pink Wax. There was nothing I could do for the chrome grill, it was pitted and oxidized, nothing I tried made any sort of improvement (problem very noticable in the 2nd pic). The whole top half of the grill was just trashed. The hard plastic was polished with Poli-Seal, the vinyl on the rear bumper and the side steps were treated with Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Gel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here you can see the side steps half treated with the Meguiars product-it really dries to a very nice, rich look:

[​IMG]

A quick interior before and after:

[​IMG]

After cleaning the carpet with Bio-Kleen Traffic Lane Cleaner:

[​IMG]

==============

2007 Ford Mustang GT California Special. Hit it with Prime and Acrylic Jett about 4 weeks ago, AJT two weeks ago. The owner has me out every two weeks to wash and wax his Z06 (the black one) and now their new Mustang. Works for me!

Anyway, this time I used Optimum Opti-Seal. Gave a noticable improvement in wetness.

I took some of the pics with my film 35mm camera and my son took some with his digital camera.

[​IMG]

Since it was sunny and in the low 80s, I decided to see how well Opti-Seal works with a sun application. Overall, it seemed fine but I had a tendency to use a little too much since it seemed to dry pretty fast. You would probably be fine on light colors but I'd definitely move medium to dark colored cars into the shade to apply OOS. As you can see in this pic, just above the sun spot, is a smudge of product from over application....that I didn't notice and remove until after the picture...but the flake shot turned out so well I am posting it. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Opti-Seal on the door, fender a two week old application of Acrylic Jett Trigger. I think you can see the difference, but it was even more apparent in person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

==============

2002 Honda S2000, second black S2000 this week...and second one with very soft paint. I wish I took some before and during shots, the car was pretty dirty and had lots of moderate swirling, scratches and some paint transfers...but if you look at the sunset in the paint in the after shots, you will see I flat didn't have time to take any! I started off with a 70/30 mix of Menzerna 106FF/Clearkote RMG using green Cyclo polishing pads and while it really looked great, it wasn't remove enough of the swirls. I stepped up to Meguiars #83 DACP and green Cyclo pads and BINGO! Took out a good 95%+ of the swirls and 90% of the random scratches. Minimal marring too. While I still had some sun, I quickly went over a couple areas with Optimum Poli-Seal and a white LC polishing pad, and that did the trick on the marring. Whole car got the DACP/OPS combo and, since the owner wanted a carnauba but was more interested in durability than pure looks I opted to use Meguiars #16 instead of Pinnacle Souveran....then we quickly pulled the car out from the covered parking right as the sun was going to down to take pics. They turned out better than I thought they would, given the time of day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. DI2009

DI2009 New Member

I'm thinking, if we get enough biz for him, and fly him here, he can stay at my house, or we pay for a hotel, whatever he wants. I would seriously be down for it.

Let's do it.

16. Jericho

Jericho Active Member

404: porsche not found

edit: bah, too late.

17. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

I wish you would visit PHX so you could do my car. :o

18. Intro

Intro New Member

damn i want ur job

19. Scottwax

I've actually done a lot of golf carts.

20. ashzero

ashzero Active Member

404 Supra not found :hsugh:

21. .chris

.chris You drown before the water lets you in. OT Supporter

i bet you make a shit ton of money

22. Scottwax

If the weather guessers had got it right in January, I would have known I had two weeks of shit weather and could have come out to Phoenix. :sad2:

23. May I ask which brand of tire dressing you use? It has a really wet look.

24. Kabong

Kabong New Member

holy crap....I need to fly you out to Cali and have you detail my car....:eek3: everytime i see your threads...

:bowdown:

25. symptic

symptic I run companies