Latest details™ v. First use of Collinite 845 + a 1984 Cadillac Biarritz

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

2000 Ford F250. Last detailed in early January. Was stored for a few months then his son started driving it-actually pretty decent shape still. Polished with Optimum Polish and a Meguiars polishing pad, finished with Detailer's Pride Premium Surface Shield.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

===========

1984 Cadillac Biarritz. Master's Golf tournament car that year. Obviously a repaint and a pretty good one at that. He just wanted a quick clean up, more paint work next time. QEW wash and Quikshine QD on the outside, Woolite/water mixture to clean the seats and carpets, Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer on the vinyl, Turtle Wax Leather Conditioner on the leather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

================

2002 Toyota Tacoma. Owner is letting his manager's son drive it. Interior is completely trashed, the owner says the kid can clean up that mess but he wanted me to detail the exterior, which was in much better shape (aside from a few bird bomb etchings) so I polished it with Clearkote's Vanilla Moose and topped with Poorboy's EX-P and yes, I did it in the afternoon sun on a 95 degree day. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

==================

2003 Toyota Camry. Not going to be any shots of the passenger side, a disgruntled employee keyed the $@%$ out of it, but the customer said the car (his girlfriend's) had never been waxed and there may be several months of court battles before they can get the culprit (caught on camera but defended by his union) will pay to have it repainted. Car already showed evidence of a repaint, lots of crap stuck in the paint on the roof and trunk lid but suprising lack of orange peel. Go figure.

Polished with Optimum Polish and a Meguiars polishing pad and topped with Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. Very easy to use, deep wet glow. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

==================

2003 Honda Accord. Owned by the owner of the Camry's daughter. NO CLEAR COAT---WHAT IS WRONG WITH HONDA??????

No beading at all when washing with QEW and paint on the hood was noticably dull. Doesn't show well in pics though. Another reason I am not a huge fan of white paint. Anyway, polished with Optimum Polish and a Meguiars polishing pad (twice on the hood and roof) and sealed with 845 Insulator Wax.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, I had a very long day today. All three vehicles in the foreground. The F250 got PwC and 845, but ran out of pics on the roll in my camera.

[​IMG]

2. 93CivicEX

93CivicEX Charming, Dashing, Rental car bashing

the first 2 are the ugliest cars youve ever detailed

3. Scottwax

:dunno: The Biarritz ain't pretty but it is unusual. Sorry no exotics this time. :wtc:

4. LSD

LSD knowledge is good OT Supporter

caddy convertible :bowdown:

5. sanjay

sanjay New Member

is the Collinite's the big tall clear container with red lettering?

i think i bought a bottle last year and haven't used it yet --> how would it do on my 2000 silver audi (with clearcoat)

6. sanjay

sanjay New Member

and i thought no clear coat wasn't a bad bad thing

my red vw golf had no clearcoat...and i thought even new black lexus' had no clear

7. Scottwax

This the one you have? Should look absolutely tits on silver. As nice as any boutique wax I've used in appearance.

http://www.nealsharbor.com/store/prods/col845.html

[​IMG]

This heavy duty liquid wax was originally developed for use by electric power companies for protection against high voltage power failure, fires and explosions. It's primary use is on the finishes of automobiles, trucks, buses and airplanes where durability, high gloss and lasting protection are paramount. An excellent choice for fleet applications and very easy to use--requires minimum rubbing or buffing. Clear coat safe. The favorite of professional detailers throughout New England. Apply by hand or machine with long lasting results.

8. Scottwax

Non-clearcoated paint requires regular attention to prevent fading. An unwaxed single stage paint after two years will look a lot worse than an unwaxed clear coat paint after the same amount of time.

You are correct, solid black Lexus do not have clearcoats. :noes:

9. nosaj

nosaj OT Supporter

I love those cars, they were not too well built but :cool: