A&P Latest A2E Pics: Badass Bikes (9 @ 1600x1200)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by eighteen_psi, Mar 14, 2004.

1. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

Taken with Canon EOS A2E, most with a 50mm f/1.8 II, a couple with my cheep kit zoom. Didn't play with them too much, so they'll look better when I do. I even wallpaper'd 'em up for you people.

Pics were taken at Arlen Ness, Dublin, CA (except the blur one which was taken with a 30 sec. exposure from the dash of my car at 70mph). This was also the first time out that the camera spent most of its time in manual rather than program, and I think it shows....pics are significantly better, across the whole shoot, than before.

More will follow but they take a while to scan. Enjoy these for now!

1600x1200:

800x600

Last edited: Mar 14, 2004
  2. eighteen_psi

Why do my photo posts here always net precisely zero replies? :wtc:

3. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

because we are in too much awe of the them!

is the a2e an AF or MF camera?

I like the pics!

4. eighteen_psi

AF...its the American version of the EOS-5. Same, with a couple minor behavioral exceptions. I love it to death...though I do need the VG-10 vertical grip :)

Thanks too!

5. XtremeSaturn

XtremeSaturn New Member

This isn't a very active section of the site to get responses from. I haven't had a big reponse on my posts so I wouldn't let the lack of responses get you down. You should upload your pics to deviantart.com or check out iphotoforum.com for comments and suggestions.

#1 Like this shot.

#2 Focus seems off but cool composition

#3 Probably the best one out of the group. Nice focus and composition.

#4 Rotate 90 degrees and you have a winner. Nice colors

#5 Cool composition...but my eyes want to look at the dof seems off

#6 Not bad.

#7 Arlen's logo is pretty cool but the lighting threw off (washed out) the chrome.

#8 Pretty good depth of field. Only suggestion would have been to get lower to the ground but then again I like getting down to the level of bikes/cars

#9 for whatever reason I could only load half the image but for me that kind of shot (long exposure in your car) is somewhat played out.

Disclaimer...I'm no pro, just a weekend amature photographer given my $.02 Looks like you had fun with the pictures and that is what matters. Keep going out and taking pics of all sorts of stuff while working on composition and everything else for that matter.

6. eighteen_psi

Thanks much for the critique. The DOF was my main problem this go round. Playing with it entirely manually made the pics better but it seems that the preview is inaccurate, or perhaps my eye is? There were quite a few that had great composition but didn't turn out too well because the DOF is so shallow. I'll work on that for next time.

7. XtremeSaturn

XtremeSaturn New Member

Nah I've always thought the preview makes the images look better than they really are. It's also a lot smaller so it looks more in focus whereas when you download the pics and view them full res they aren't so in focus anymore.

Something that has helped me is taking a bunch of different shots of the same thing while playing with the settings. Some of those shots may have turned out better if you played with your DOF two or three times for the same shot.

8. jTranz

jTranz Lost in Translation

Great pictures man! :bigthumb:

9. eighteen_psi

I meant exactly what you said. Looked in focus, but wasn't on the print. Or rather, DOF was a lot narrower than I thought it would be. And I did jack with DOF a little.....but it gave me basically 'none' and 'too little' :) I know for next time anyway.

I've yet to scan it (and tons of other ones too) but I have a great comparison shot of my 50mm f/1.8 II both @ 1.8 and smaller apatures....the difference in sharpness is staggering. I mean that....while 1.8 is useful for low light and such I'm not gonna be using large apatures much with this lens anymore now that I've seen what it does to the images.

10. eighteen_psi

11. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Zika Xenu OT Supporter

Interpolation makes me sad :wtc: Cool pics otherwise :p

I've never been to Arlen Ness, though I drive by it every once in a while...

12. eighteen_psi

Interpolation on the resize, yeah obviously...on the scan, no.