SRS Last week.....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lick wid nit wit, Jul 27, 2008.

1. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

.... my SO of five years decided that he needed time to think.

All good and everything and I understand that but my frustration here is that I am going through a medical issue right now and I could have used his shoulder to cry on/for support.

I guess he just couldn't handle the situation and bailed. I'll be going over ina week to pack the rest of my stuff.

I'm 35, man. I don't want to start over with this dating bullshit :sadwavey:

2. fray

fray New Member

sorry. that sucks. :hug:

are you guys broken up, or just taking space?

3. lick wid nit wit

I have no idea. He says he wants to "clear his head" about some issues, which is fine by me. I'm just at the point that if he does call back, I might choose not to answer.

I just don't need this bullshit in my life right now, you know? I've got a crapload of stuff to deal with and well, it seemed like he was kicking me when I was down.

If he can't deal with the medical stuff (which will hopefully NOT be permanent) then he just should have told me up front he couldn't deal with it.

4. fray

fray New Member

You sound like you've got your head on right about it. Maybe it is just the medical issue that has spooked or stressed him and he'll get his shit together. Either way, you sound strong and independent, so with time you'll be fine either way. Doesn't make it any better, but...

Good luck with the medical stuff.

5. lick wid nit wit

thanks :) it's scary shit to go through. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that maybe he just isn't a strong person emotionally.

it's his loss that he doesn't want to be with me, ha!

6. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

Kudos for being strong in this.

Question. Is the medical thing you have been going through the only issue you have both had, or would this be what he would call "the final straw"?

7. lick wid nit wit

We've had lots of stupid little issues crop up but we've always managed to resolve them. I think the medical stuff probably overwhelmed him seeing as that his job is giving him a lot of stress right now.

8. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

5 years and he needs to take off when you're having problems? I don't know, sounds to me like he'll never be the dependable sort, nor that he ever cared that much about you. Liked the fun times, but that was about it.

Personally, I'd take it as a wake-up call that the relationship isn't long-term, and if you want something long-term, find a new guy.

9. lick wid nit wit

I have endometriosis and during a routine check up the doctor found a lump outside my uterus and they're not sure what it is. I get to go for a biopsy, yippee.

that's the cliffs notes :hs:

10. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

out of curiosity, how painful is that?

11. RedZ71

RedZ71 Large Marge sent me.

i totally feel ya when you say youre 35 and you dont need this dating shit anymore. when i was married, i felt like my life was on track, and that hopefully my (ex)wife and i would be having a child soon. most of my peers already had their children already, and for me, it was time. instead we got divorced.

now that im out dating again, i just dont see myself finding someone in time to still have a kid before i hit late 30s and 40s. and i never particularly wanted to have a newborn kid while im in my 40s. before you know it ill be too old to play ball. my dad played ball with me... and i just feel like my fucked up divorce is kinda pulling that opportunity away.

thus, dating, is "this shit" that i referred to (and what i suppose you might be alluding to, on some level).

(fucking biological clocks).

*edit* not that im not having fun dating or anything, its just that im being forced to live a new life that i never intended to live, all thru the immaturity of someone else and whos decisions were out of my control.

12. lick wid nit wit

Hurts like a bitch. Sometimes I double over in pain from the endometriosis but I could time when the pain would hit. With this lump, it's twice as bad and I get stabbing pains with no rhyme or reason.

13. lick wid nit wit

At least I have absolutely no urge to reproduce. That makes it a bit easier.

14. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

sounds like what my fiancee has, but the ER doctors figured it was just a cyst

15. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I have a hard time understanding what exactly is going on here, but I wish you the best of luck with what happens in your life. I think it sucks that, the person you should be able to confide in the most, or trust they'll be there for you, walks away. You seem to be taking it a lot better than I would.

16. lick wid nit wit

I kinda suck at formulating my thoughts into written word :hs: