MMA Last night in class was the first time i really had the chance to just roll....

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Rob H, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Rob H

Rob H New Member

....outside of drills. Man did i get schooled, it's so much different when it's against an unwilling opponent. I managed from the top to get myself submitted every time :rofl:

I did however learn from my mistakes at towards the end wasn't making them as often. Felt pretty comfortable on my back and once taught the spider guard used it pretty effectively. Still after a minute or two lost it and gave my opponent side control. I am so glad I got into JJ, it is way to much fun and a million times better then just going to the gym.

2. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Get used to it, it is going to be happening for awhiles

3. Rob H

Rob H New Member

yeah, i was a little apprehensive going into that part of class being it's only my 4th class and I hadn't really learned much on guard work. He showed me some stuff as we went that was very helpful and I was pretty comfortable on my back.

It was still fun and he never finished the subs when I was on top trying to break guard, and immediately showed me what I did wrong. I was rolling with a blue belt who was very helpful.

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

That's the best kind of rolling partner. :)

5. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

+1 blue belt

6. Lennie Briscoe

Lennie Briscoe Vaffanculo!

so are you the class "powerbottom"?

7. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

:werd:

Be that guy as soon as you can. Even if you don't know much, try to share what you do know. BJJ is tough to break into, and it seems like there is a really steep learning curve for the first 6 months to a year. Don't get discouraged and don't let anybody tell you to stop. A purple/brown is just a white belt that didn't quit.