GUN Last Hi-Power question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RyeLou, Jan 17, 2006.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I know Browning and FN have a working relationship, but is are their guns the same? I suppose what I want to know is this...if I'm getting a Hi-Power, which brand do I go with? I know Browning/FN are the original (or is it just Browning?), so I'm thinking there is a difference, but I don't know exactly what it is.

I know Browning, FN, CZ and EAA all make a gun that looks identical. I'm looking in the CDNN .pdf file right now.

2. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

All Browning HP's are made by FN in their factory. The only differences are options, finish, sights, etc. Functionally the same gun on the same base parts. And BTW the Matte finish FN SA's are out of stock at CDNN, last I knew they only had some polished SFS's left.

3. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I wound up answering my own question after posting this anyhow. I sent an email to a guy who works for CDNN to see what they have right now. Whats the difference with the SFS's? If they have the matte finished BDA9 I may settle for that with the double action. I'll have to wait for a response and figure it out.

I like the CZ TT9P too, but I know its a different CZ than the usual popular one. I'd be a bit skeptical of buying that. Same with the PX4 Storm but just because that ones still too new.

4. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

And I also just noticed they can't answer firearms related questions over email, so I'll be calling them tomorrow or the next day

5. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

FN does make their own branded High powers, made in Belgium. I would assume a Browning is just as good.

6. shohan

shohan New Member

Hahahaha, I thought the thread title said Hi Point. :rofl:

7. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

They do, and they're all made in the same factory.