GUN Las Vegas residents

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by twofourtysx, Mar 14, 2006.

1. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

My girl and I are going to Vegas for out bdays. She wants to go shoot some full auto guns (we live in commiefornia) :cool: We are staying at Fairfield Grand Desert and I was checking out the Discount Firearms shop. They rent a bunch of guns and are less than 3 miles away from our hotel. Any other reccomendations? Also, I would like to take my 226 with us. Besides getting it out of CA, NV is pretty lienent on guns right? I won't carry it but am thinking it might be a good idea to keep it in a lockbox in the hotel...think it will be a waste of time or not?

2. Furner

Furner New Member

i think the city of Las Vegas has a ban on guns for recreational purposes. You can only be in possession for a legitimate occupational purpose.

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

there are gun ranges where you can rent full auto, but its like $50 for 100rds if you figure full auto, that is what 3-4 pulls of the trigger,

4. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

This one is $25 for 30rnds, but I figured that they would let you buy some of their range ammo

5. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

you can.. it would be cool to do once though.

6. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Totally untrue.

You can't carry it concealed unless you posess a valid permit. Open carry is legal here and you can carry it loaded in the car.
    I would lock it up if your room has a lockbox...just because I don't trust other people.

The other place I'd suggest is The Gun Store on Tropicana if you want full auto.

There are several ranges around town, but if you just want to go out plinking, the only requirement is that you be out of the city and 1000 yards from any dwelling or road.

7. Furner

Furner New Member

thats from the Nevada Packing.org website.
    I guess this is just intended to be an additional charge to tack onto a gangbanger cruising the streets with a gun and no aparent legit intention in mind. I guess as long as you dont advertise that you have a gun, and keep it locked up, you will be fine.
    Nevada does not reconize any out of state permits, but they do have a non-resident permit available.

Packing.org Nevada Site

8. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Federal law trumps all local laws, federal law states you can drive anywhere in the united states with a firearm, as long as it is in the trunk of your vehicle, locked, and inside a case (or inside a case and locked as the case may be)