GUN LaRue SPR on a bolt action rifle

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LancerV, Oct 11, 2008.

1. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

You think it could be done, would kinda make it fun to swap out scopes if I wanted too between rifles

2. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I got your PM, but have been drinking heavily and gambling on horses all weekend, and didn't yet get a chance to formulate a reply.

I've never seen it done personally, and don't remember off the top of my head seeing pictures of it done on the internets. Not saying it wouldn't work, I just don't have a clue. You might try browsing SnipersHide and seeing if you can dig up anything over there, or post the question if you can't find anything.

I'd be worried about the static height, and eye relief, as both are geared strictly for a shooter shooting NTCH with an AR.

3. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Its going to put the scope quite high over the bore and I think getting a good cheek weld would be very hard.

4. Painkiller

Painkiller The Synarchy of Molten Bones

Bolt rifles deserve dedicated scopes.

5. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

i`de just pick up some decent base/rings ,and call it good.

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Works on AR's We can take scopes on/off and switch out. The larue's are repeatable for zero. They got different hights and extensions

7. LancerV

8. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Interesting...

Glass sits too high for my tastes, but might work in a pinch with a high comb.

While it's extra money, I've got a 700 with a EGW base and Burris Extreme rings that I've had no problems with. That setup cost me < $50, which is quite a bit cheaper than even the base you were looking at (Badger).

9. LancerV

Right now I have a DNZ reaper 1 piece. Although to use an accupoint on an AR I would need a SPR-E also? which prob wouldnt work out so well on a Remington 700

10. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Remember though, if you swap scopes between rifles, they will not be zeroed on the other rifle, so that kind of defeats the purpose.

It will be repeatable on the same rifle, but when you move it to another you'll have to re-zero anyway, so whats the point?

I also have an EGW base with Burris Extreme rings on my Savage and its a great setup for not a lot of money. Just get a dedicated scope, I think you'll be a lot happier.

Even that guy that used the Larue mount is complaining that he has to raise the comb on the stock. He wouldnt have to if he had a regular mount on it.

11. LancerV

Zero's not that big of an issue as you just write it on a notecard and stick somewhere.

Ill prob just make it a dedicated scope though