Large Screen LCDs v.Dell 2407

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PUREVIL, Jul 6, 2006.

1. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

Im currently running a Samsung 240T (first 24in lcd, I think) picked it up 2.5 years ago and im running a samsung 17 inch for a dual monitor setup. I now want to upgrade to dual 24s but they no longer make the 240T and if the monitors dont match it will drive me nuts. A friend told me about the new dell 2407 anyone have any experience with it? What about the new 30incher? dual 30s would be cool I think. LOL Thanks for any input/help.

2. majesty

majesty OT Supporter

2405 and 2407 only diff is HDCP, the 2407's were having banding issues i think, check to see if they have been resolved

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I can't stand the Dell 24". I've been very pleased with the BenQ. The 30" panels are awsome, but iirc, they require dual-link DVI... Which means you may need two video cards to actually run both displays full-res.

4. PUREVIL

Can you go into greater detail why you dont like the Dell?

Hmmm my budget allows 2 new monitors but not a 2 new video cards. So 24s will have to do I think. Im also thinking about the samsung 244T which is the latest model of my 240T. Im really impressed with this monitor even though its analog.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Definitely get DVI. I see a noticable difference in picture quality between the two.

I hate dell. I simply cannot stand them. For starters, they cheap out in EVERY possible way. If they can save a buck, they will... And that leaves the consumer to suffer. Do NOT be fooled by their warranty. Their dead-pixel warranty is below-average. Some people quote that their next-day shipping is fast, but what do I care about that? With dell, you will NEED to send it back... With other (better) brands, you wont. On top of all this, Dell uses OTHER people's panels. They don't make any of their own. That said, in addition to using crappy components to save money, their panels can be found in other displays. So find a display that uses good components, and the panel you want, and possibly costs less money.

The samsung 244T is nice. I like to recommend the BenQ. Great display, and their 24" model even has an HDMI 1080p input :noes:

6. PUREVIL

Hmm I will do more research on the Benq.... right now the samsung is at the top of my list.

I dont know if I really need 1080 but I guess it couldn't hurt to have it :big grin:

7. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Rev A03 2407