A&P Large prints at Elcocolor.com

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mandarin orange, Feb 25, 2007.

1. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

Thinking about getting some large prints from Elcocolor.com.. because a lot of you praise them.. and apparently they said they've only had ONE return in 10,000 photos or something. Which is pretty nice.

My question is.. for landscapes and what not.. would you suggest LUSTE or GLOSSY. It seems like GLOSSY takes longer to print. I dont know much about printing.. I just want my poster to look pretty decent and not fake. Can't be $10 for a large poster print.

2. .chris

.chris You drown before the water lets you in. OT Supporter

I pring Luste and it looks fantastic. they use a different printing process besides InkJet, i think its some kind of metallic setup. someone else will chime in tho.

3. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

i've never delt with elco color lab but i have used mpix.com twice. i use their metallic printing paper and it looks stunning. it glows.

thumbsup for mpix

4. If you're printing your capitol building shot try a metallic print :bowdown:

I bet the blues would be awesome :eek3:

5. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

well.. maybe the capital buliding.. i'm gonna edit it some more to make it look better.. but like shots that are very vibrant in colors.. i'm just trying to figure out to print luste, glossy, or metallic.. cause i dont want it to look like shit once it's printed.. the sites dont really give samples or anything.. which kindda sucks.. no descriptions.

6. I gave someone a metallic print before, lets just say it was very nice and they were very pleased :bigthumb:

7. 92graymax

92graymax New Member

Mpix will send you a sample kit of there different prints.

8. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

lustre all the way...