GUN Large cache of weapons found in home with young children

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, May 18, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Large cache of weapons found in home with young children

Story Updated: May 17, 2007 at 6:56 AM PDT
    By KOMO Staff & News Services

SILVERDALE , Wash. - Authorities searching a home in Silverdale Tuesday night uncovered a cache of weaponry and body armor, including at least eight handguns, four rifles, grenades, two shotguns and thousands of ammunition magazines.

That's according to the search warrant affidavit filed in Kitsap County Superior Court in Port Orchard.

A 38-year-old man who owns the house was arrested for possession of explosives and booked into the Kitsap County Jail. Brian Kelly Sandberg reportedly lived at the house with his wife and their four young children.

According to court documents, Sandberg's wife took pictures of the weapons and tipped off police out of fear one of their children may get a hold of the weapons. Authorities served a search warrant on the house Tuesday after she reported the man had loaded pistols and rifles around the house in plain view and not locked up as well as a rifle with a M203 grenade launcher and possible land mines.

"Amongst the numerous hand-held firearms that he had, there were explosive activating devices, fuses, grenades," said Kitsap County sheriff's spokesman Scott Wilson. "This individual was certainly gearing up with some items that would not normally be found in a civilian community. What concerns us the most is the fact that he had illegal explosives and young children in that house."

Sandberg made his first appearance in Kitsap County Superior Court Wednesday afternoon. Judge Leonard Costello found enough probable cause to hold Sandberg on a charge of possessing explosives without a license. Bail was set at $100,000.

Sheriff's deputies and detectives, along with a Bremerton police officer with the State Patrol's bomb squad and agents with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives found most of the weapons in the man's bedroom and living room. It is not known what he planned to do with the weapons.
    --------------
    List of what was found
    ---------------

ATF explosives enforcement officers and WSP explosive ordnance technicians
    conducted a thorough search of the premises, locating a multitude of firearms,
    ammunition and military explosive devices. A partial list of illegal items includes:
     Four (4) 40 mm M-203 grenade rounds produced for the military. These rounds
    generate a mixture of magnesium and primer to create intense bright light used
    to illuminate an operational area during hours of darkness. These are
    considered high explosive.
     Seventeen (17) 40 mm M-212 marker rounds used by the military. Marker
    rounds are used to delineate a target for contact. They are considered high
    explosive.
     Two (2) smoke hand grenades and one riot control hand grenade containing CS
    gas.
     M-142 firing devices. Produced only for the military they are considered booby
    trap devices. The M-142 is four booby traps in one and designed to be used in
    four different modes: tension / tension release / pressure / pressure release.
    These devices are victim activated and usually attached to a grenade body.
     M-5 firing devices. The M-5 is also of a victim activated design. They are
    pressure release and typically used with a grenade body. They were developed
    during the Second World War and are manufactured solely for military usage.
     Grenade fuses / live fuses. These fuses function as a detonator; they were
    designed for use with training grenades, but function the same as a standard
    fuse. For use by military only.
    During the search of Sandberg’s residence numerous firearms, ammunition and other
    inert items were located and seized. Also found were Claymore anti-personnel mine
    activation devices (known as “clackers”), test kits and Claymore mine plastic bodies
    (without explosive elements). Three military M-136 AT-4 anti-tank launchers were
    located inside the house (all had been previously fired). Four M-72 light anti-tank
    weapon (LAW) rockets were also discovered.
    Follow-up to this investigation will be to try and determine how Sandberg came to be in
    possession of these items and what he intended to do with them.
    The investigation continues. Anyone with information about this investigation is
    requested to contact Kitsap County Sheriff’s detectives at (360) 337-7111, or Crime
    Stoppers of Puget Sound at 1-800-CRIME-13.
    # # #

Doesnt even sound like anything he had was illegal. Unless the LAW's were real but I'm going to guess they were spent/practice/inert like the other stuff.

Just goes to show you women are worthless evil cunts

2. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

Wow.. his own wife turned him in? He is stupid not to lock his shit up that's for sure.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

horrible. she probably wanted a divorce and this was the easiest way for her to get it.

4. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

So he had some flares and some tracers? The rest of it sounds like stuff you could find at a gun show or in sportsmansguide.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thats what I'm thinking, what better way for her to get the upper hand in the divorce.

6. Bdog

Bdog ...but do I really care?

The M203 is a NFA Title 1, so he does need all the paperwork on it. I don't think possession of a M-136 AT-4 and a M-72 (LAW) is illegal though, since the projectiles are the Destructive Devices.

7. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

I had a tenant that had a M136 tube. I was standing in here apartment talking with her about something and stopped mid sentence when I noticed it in the living room. It was just the tube of course. Her brother in law gave it to her husband as a present. Cool as shit.

The best part is that I got a police report about a different incident and one of the reports I received mentioned someone calling the cops over her having a rocket launcher in her unit. Cops said it was legal.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The m203 isn't listed on the "illegal" seized items list though, wonder maybe if it had a stamp or if it were just a 37mm

9. Bdog

Bdog ...but do I really care?

10. DUB

DUB New Member

What a bitch.. I'd laugh if she took all the guns from a safe place and stashed them in the living room while her husband was at work just to get him in trouble.

11. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Yeah, she wanted his ass out of the picture, baby new daddy is waiting.