Laptop wont boot

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by xinster, Jun 28, 2008.

1. xinster

xinster New Member

I got an everex stepnote5000t. This moprning it was working fine but now it just boots to a black screen and the fan turns on. I called customer support, they told me to remove the battery and press the power button 10 times. That didn't do anything. I went in and switched the 2 ram sticks around, nothing. I switched the hard drive from slot 1 to slot 2, nothing.

Is there anything I can do? What the fuck is wrong with this piece of shit? This maybe has happened once before but then I would just boot it again and it would work right.

2. manhernandez295

manhernandez295 New Member

That laptop is a very simple one. I had that same problem more then once, and all i did was push down on the keyboerd lightly. It always came back on if i put pressure on the kb. maybe that was just mine that did that.

3. xinster

xinster New Member

yeah i think i know what you mean...but i've tried that to no avail.

4. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Zika Xenu OT Supporter

do you see it POST, or is the screen always black?
    if you remove the ram alltogether, does ti beep at you?

5. xinster

xinster New Member

Screen is always black..dunno what POST means. I haven't tried booting it with no ram installed.

Usually during a normal boot, the fan goes to max power, then after a few seconds it slows down when the Everex logo / boot screen pops up.

In this case, the fan never dies down. The hard drive light isn't on, only the power lights (for AC and battery).