Laptop will NOT connect to the internet - Help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ty Webb, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

Okay... I have been trying to get my laptop to connect to the internet via the network cable or usb cable connected directly to the RR box. It wont fucking connect. I have all of the correct drivers installed also. I did a brand new fresh install of Win X Pro and formatted the drive clean.

What the hell am I missing here? I am not an idiot when it comes to this but why the hell will it not connect? It says it is connected but I am unable to get on the internet. Do I have some IP settings that I need to put in or something? Everything on my desktop computer is the same as the laptop as far as I can tell configuration wise. I just dont get it. I need to do the windows updates on that laptop and get it to connect so I can do other things to it.

I shut down my RoadRunner Cable box and then restarted it while connected to the laptop, and restarted with them together and nothing.

I can not figure this out. The lights are on and it says it is connected and sending info.:ugh:

2. Gaylord Focker

Gaylord Focker 8=oOOo=D ~ ~ ~

did you run ipconfig to see if you were picking up an ip?

3. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

just did that.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix .:
    IP Address.............................: 0.0.0.0
    Subnet Mask..........................: 0.0.0.0
    Default Gateway.....................:

Interesting.

No idea what to do now.

4. Penetration

Penetration OT Supporter

make sure dhcp is enabled (looks like it is anyways), run ipconfig/ renew

are you using a router? if so unplug the power to the router and modem, plug the modem back in after 15 secs, wait for it to initialize (power, cable/connected light solid), plug the router back in, wait for it to initialize, ipconfig /renew. also make sure the proper drivers are installed. usb modems also need drivers/software if you are using the usb interface. I haven't slept all night, and it's 9am, so i didn't read all your post, hope this helps.