laptop vs. pc ??? not a debate, just whats best for my purposes

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by omnikron1307, Nov 28, 2006.

1. omnikron1307

omnikron1307 New Member

So I'm undecided on what to get and I'd like to get all your opinions, I'm in need of a new computer of some form, just not sure if I either want to get a really good laptop to totally do away with my somewhat aged desktop, or if it would be better to get an upper end pc and a cheap laptop.

Thanks for all the suggestions in advance, also, what brands do you all recommend?

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

You have to ask yourself how much you're REALLY going to move it around. Be honest. If you don't think you're going to take it places, stick with a desktop. They're cheaper, faster, and a hell of a lot easier to upgrade/repair and keep running longer. If you need portability, then there's no substitute for a laptop. Just don't get a cheap one.

3. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

when I had just a laptop I found myself trying to make it as much like a desktop as possible. Sure it was nice to occasionally sit on the couch but realisticly after the first month it sat on the desk with a external HDD, mouse, keyboard, monitor the works. Unless you really plan to move around stick with a desktop. I finally decided just buy both ;)