laptop/video card questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ANUS_MANGLER, Dec 25, 2006.

1. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

so i know that most laptops are not idea for gaming. but i have been reading the online reviews on some and people are commenting that you can play some games on them

i am looking at 2 laptops

the first one is a dell with this video card
    inspiron 6400 in the middle
    http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/inspn_6400?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

other is an hp

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Spec...8/rpem/ccd/productDetailSpecification.do#tabs

this is the one i was initially looking at. it has a hd screen and some of the reviews are really looking good.

on the other hand the dell has 2 gb of memory

sooo.....which one of these would be the best choice for the college student/occasional game player?

2. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

Plz H-A-L-P

[​IMG]

3. mooboy

mooboy OT Supporter

I had a inspiron e1505 (which is the same as a 6400) with a ATI X1400 and it played games very decent. I'm not sure how much of a difference in performance/price between the 1300 and 1400 but I went with the best available for the screen size.

4. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

new question: looking at this one

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Spec...6/rpem/ccd/productDetailSpecification.do#tabs

looks pretty ideal. decent memory, 160g hard drive. only issue im seeing is the hard drive speed: 4200 rpm:squint:

ive been reading up and the standard seems to be 5300. why is this particular laptop lacking in this department. again, i am oing to be using this computer mainly for school work and internet but i do like to play games on occasion. how important is the hard drive speed? will this be ok considering the duo processor and the nice sized hd?

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

My dell E1705 is my primary gaming rig. With 2gb of ram and the NVidia GeForce 7950 GO it's awesome. Saved a bunch of money through my University also.

6. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

bump. need an answer

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

For the record, all SXGA computer screens are capable of displaying the highest Hi-Def resolution. None of the computers you've listed are specially equipped.