Laptop scrolling

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kev-89t, Feb 28, 2004.

1. kev-89t

kev-89t OT Supporter

Hey I have a question, I own a toshiba A-10 laptop with the touch pad to move the mouse, but for scrolling I have to go all the way over to the bar click it and scroll up and down. However on my friends computer, the same one, she can just slide her finger up and down on the side of the touch pad, any of you know how to get mine to this, or is there a program i can install to get it to do it.

Thanks for the help

2. chad2261

chad2261 New Member

On my Vaio you just slide your finger up or down the far right hand side.

Well, that used to work. Ever since I installed my Logitec Mini Optical mouse, the scrolling feature on my touchpad stopped working. Don't know why...

3. kev-89t

kev-89t OT Supporter

oh maybe that's what happened i installed a mouse right when I got so maybe it used to do it, now I just need a way to get it to work with both

4. Thrasher

Thrasher Guest

I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 and I use it with a Logitech MX310 Optical Mouse. Even when the mouse is active I can still use the scroll function of the touchpad by sliding my finger up and down on the right side of the touchpad.

5. chad2261

chad2261 New Member

wonder what the hell is up with ours then. I'd like to be able to use that again, I miss that.

6. Thrasher

Thrasher Guest

do you have a ps/2 mouse or an usb mouse?

7. kev-89t

kev-89t OT Supporter

I have a usb mouse, wireless intellimouse explorer. See I'm not sure if my computer ever did it though, it'd be nice if you could download some new drivers for the touchpad to get it to work or something

8. Thrasher

Thrasher Guest

I was thinking that your touchpad uses a ps/2 bus and you had a ps/2 mouse and that the latter one overides the first so the touchpad features would have been disabled. It was just an idea.

It's possible that your touchpad doesn't have that feature, but I guess the easiest way to find that out is to contact the support service of the manufacturer.