laptop question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by WPS, Dec 17, 2003.

1. WPS

WPS f22c1

Mar 14, 2000

theres XGA, WXGA, WSXGA, WUXGA for the TFT monitors. what am i better off with.

should i go with 32MB NVIDIA® GeForceTM FX Go5200 Go or the 64mb version??

when i see alot of animated gifs on a webpage it slows down the scrolling. like a stutter. too much info. what would speed that up. upgrade teh RAM, video card, processor speed???

when i upgrade from 256 to 512 on the desktop i didnt notice any difference. am i better off not wasting the money on upgrading the ram and using for the video or monitor upgradE? is the only reason for more ram is for not crashing when running multiple programs..

is it worth it to pay 69 extra to upgrade from 60GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive to the 7200rpm version.

Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 WLAN (802.11b, 11Mbps) miniPCI Card that all i will need to receive info from the router to connect to the internet. is 11mbps too slow?
  2. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

WUXGA is best

Go with 64MB vid

CPU (and RAM if there are enough gifs) would make it faster

512 is pretty much standard, I wouldn't recommend getting anything less. There WILL be apps in the future that will use all of that 512

It's probably worth it to upgrade the HD

I'm not a networking guy in any respect, but 11mbps is not speedy, but you may or may not care about it being any faster. I would want a faster connection.