laptop monitor is fubar, thoughts?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kronik85, Jun 26, 2007.

1. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

my friend has a laptop who's screen is busted (permanently gray), i grabbed a crt monitor but realized i had no idea how to blindly navigate to monitor settings to send the signal out to the crt. and i'm not knowledgable enough to write an automated script to write the settings.

anyone have any constructive advice besides "get a new laptop, go take it to get repaired, buy a new screen".

2. Draeg

Draeg Guest

laptop onto docking station, plug monitor into docking station?

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

laptops usually have a fn key and there's usually a button labeled CRT/LED in the same color as the fn key. Plug in the monitor, hold down the fn key then press the CRT/LED key. You can press it multiple times to cycle through the settings.

Mine has laptop only, both and CRT only, as options. But to access these options I just keep pushing the CRT/LED key.

4. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

no docking station available :hs:

sounds very promising, i will try this when i get back home this afternoon. :x:

5. RiSk

RiSk New Member

Or if your buddy is smart and uses RDP EVER he might have remote access setup on his laptop just watch the DHCP logs on the router....and boom your in via RDP>

6. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

a nice thought but no, she's never done any remote control period sadly enough. i tried thinking of a way to auto install vnc server to it, but no cigar.