laptop issues...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bdstbtch, Apr 15, 2005.

1. bdstbtch

bdstbtch New Member

Hey everybody, I haven't been online other than to check my email in months. I'm sick of being out of the loop, so I need some help. My damned laptop is fucked up, and I have no idea what to do about it. It's a pretty damned new Fujitsu Lifebook, and it's doing the wierdest thing. It will work for a random amount of time (20 seconds to 2 days), and then just lock up. the screen and everything freezes. Also, when I go to turn it on, it won't. The fan will spin for a fraction of a second, and then stop. I have to tap the shit out of the power button and eventually, it will turn on. It's not overheating, and it isn't overworking itself. I don't think it's a software problem, because I reloaded windows, and it will freeze up before windows loads, even while the bios is loading.

I have no idea what to do about it. Any suggestions are welcome. Even if someone could just tell me who to take it to that would know what to do to fix it. I really hate that I've been out of it for so long, and everytime I look at my computer, I just get angry.

2. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Sounds like the Hard Drive is fucked up.

3. ProFX

ProFX New Member

HDD is a possibility. Dodgy RAM is a strong possibility. As it is 'pretty damned new' I recommend you make use of your warranty and get it looked at by the pros.