Laptop bag pics v. WaterField cargo combo

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by eighteen_psi, Jan 22, 2007.

1. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

So I just got my cargo bag to go with my spectacular laptop sleeve from WaterField Designs (www.sfbags.com/). And I must say, I'm amazed at how well this thing is made. My expectations were high based on how nice the sleeve is, but wow :eek:

I got it with the grey leather flap & trim (which is actually a bit darker than shown here or on their site..needed to get exposure on the rest of it right it seems). I got it with the aircraft buckle, even though I figured I'd want the upgrade to the smaller 'paraglider' buckle they also offer - they said I could do it later for just the difference in cost so fair enough. Turns out i really don't. Either buckle is mostly for show anyway, because the flap and pocket design is so good you don't need it. But I really dig how it looks against the leather. This is the medium bag, and as you can see it has lots of room and is very well laid out. Eats my T42, external disk, bricks for both, my wacom, PDA, MX1000 and all sorts of other shit with ease. The sleeve is fitted to the laptop too.

Anyway, some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I cannot say enough about how well thought out and constructed this thing is. The leather feels like sex, so buttery and supple, the stitching is outstanding, etc. Expensive bags but wow... :wow:

At asking price they're a good deal it seems, based on the quality and what not, cause there are far pricier bags nowhere near as nice. I should mention though, that I got this bag (though not the sleeve) on ebay in new/unused condition for under $100 shipped. And at that price, a spectacular bargain.

Recommended ++

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I like the seatbelt clip. Musta taken it off a school bus. Now I know why all the seatbelts went missing after, oh, second grade or so.

Looks like a nice bag, all in all. If I had a laptop I might get one, but if I got a laptop it would be light enough to not need a bag, so I guess I'm gonna lose out on a few style points here.