lap top suggestions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by The Ripper, Jan 8, 2009.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Freind of mine whos PC I built is now looking for a lap top for work. He isnt afraid to spend a decent amount of money because hes going to write it off as a business expense. Thought Id get some input from you guys.

What he will be using it for
    occasional gaming - nothing to crazy. Ie. new starcraft thats coming out, old starcraft, WoW, Red Alert. Mainly alot of games like that. No shooters or anything like that.

business use - general web browsing, messaging, email word you know the deal.

Entertainment - he wants to be able to watch HD movies and shit like that on the go. He wants to be able to watch his movies and he also wants to be able to hook up to any random tv in the house and play hd content off of it if he can.

What he wants
    he wants all of that in the flashiest package available. He was looking into the new alienwares m17. Im pretty sure theres got to be something out there as flashy as the alienware but you can get more bang for the buck out of it.

2. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

damn, no one?

3. nucklearknight

nucklearknight New Member

I think most computers can handle those games, and every computer can surf the web, do word processing, and e-mail. What you probably want to look into is laptops that have HD screens? Plus a blueray player?
    I'm not that big on the media standpoint of laptops. I watch movies on mine but nothing HD.

4. nucklearknight

nucklearknight New Member