Lamborghini Murcielago

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Tommahawk, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Tommahawk

Tommahawk New Member

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Never seen one before?

The Diablo looks better.

3. wxyz

wxyz New Member

sorry to agree but... I do.

i think that everything (well almost) designed by Marcello Gandini looks exciting (he was basically free up to the first version of the Countach), and that's the point of a supercar, imnsho.

when audi took over, they should have let lambo management do the most important choices about the top product

from the gallardo segment to the cheaper ones ... i agree... the cars must be manageable and usable as standard cars, so you have to settle down a bit and you loose a bit of "character".

but the flagship product is another thing, they had to build an exciting "earth shattering" car (but completely dependable, this time :) as the previous ones.

the diablo itself was a tuned down version of what gandini had in mind, that was much more alike what the cizeta-moroder became:

[​IMG]

the main thing they had in common (the original idea and this car) was the all-forward cockpit; the final lambo design has been less aggressive

--
    my grammar seems a bit strange? well, it's because i'm an italian struggling to learn English. thus, feel free to correct me! thanks :)

4. If anyone on OT gives you shit for your grammar tell them to fuck off. Your english is better than my italian.

5. heyskippy

heyskippy New Member

I love it, although it is very 80's! I've always preferred the Diablo and felt the Mercielago was rather understated.

6. wxyz

wxyz New Member

:big grin: ty ;)

pushing the topic further off, another unusual car (not lamborghini, and much smaller) designed by gandini:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the lancia stratos

was a deadly fast car built for rallies.

nowadays is somewhat often cited in videogames and cyberpunk animes, it seems (iirc gits s.a.c.)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  7. E-dub

E-dub New Member

LP640 wins

[​IMG]

But only barely over the next most beautiful post '80's Lambo:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007