Lady in the Water

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by brrrian40, Jul 3, 2006.

1. brrrian40

brrrian40 New Member

Looks like M Knight is at it again! Actually I do want to see this movie, I think it is going to be so much better than the village!

Website is pretty cool

http://ladyinthewatermovie.warnerbros.com

what does everyone think?

2. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

um this was originally wrote as a bedtime story for his kids

3. Grouch

Grouch Guest

he should just make normal movies. these OMG TWIST movies are getting lame.

4. SnakeEyes666

SnakeEyes666 New Member

When I first saw a teaser for this film, I thought it was going to be a weak and boring story about some guy who runs a motel. The more stuff I read, heard or saw about its premise, the more I was intrigued by what this movie has to offer. I think it's going to be a very dark look at how two different worlds will collide with each other. I definitely look forward to seeing this and I think it's awesome that M. Night tells his kids these elaborate bedtimes stories (or nightmares).

5. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

i thought it was going to be mermaids but nope, only fairy tale people. still looks good though

6. JOSHG

JOSHG TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA!

I'm looking forward to this

7. thaioneon

thaioneon New Member

i'm pretty impressed by the trailer. and like both paul giamatti and bryce dallas howard. but i do agree that his movies have become a little formulaic with the twists... he needs to break out of the habit of doing that in every film he makes.

8. SnakeEyes666

SnakeEyes666 New Member

But if that's his style, then why should he change it? Especially when it works really well.

9. Jayzian

Jayzian Get Head

from what i see the big oh whatta TWEEST! is that the story is fucking Little red riding hood.

10. Ratstink

Ratstink Ink & Iron

I'll see it. I like all of his movies. Not the greatest shit ever or anything but better than a lot of other junk that comes out.

11. Repentinus

Repentinus New Member

I've liked all his movies. Twists are what he does. Anything else would be uncivilized.

12. XTREME COCKSUCKER

XTREME COCKSUCKER New Member

I need a good story, hopefully with a good twist. There haven't been many good twists in movies lately.

13. brrrian40

brrrian40 New Member

TWEEST, indeed - M Knight is the master at those, I look forward to finding out what this is all about!!

14. brrrian40

brrrian40 New Member

I saw LITW in a screening this Monday, here is my review, what does everyone think?

Lady in the Water brings M Knight back to the American pop culture spotlight, where he belongs!

It is so refreshing to see so much imagination back into the theatres! Lady in the Water is so different from any other movie choice out today and I think it is bold and creative of M Knight to bring his creativity to the big screen.

Also, the concept of the entire movie taking place in one apartment complex is brilliant. Many different types of people are brought together by the “Cove” and of course by the mystical Lady.

Paul Giamatti can add another classic into his resume as he works his way into being one of the best present day screen actors. The other characters of the movie are very entertaining, especially the Asian mother daughter duo who understand the legend of the Lady better than anyone.

Get ready for a major burst of imagination when you go to see Lady in the Water! Thinking about the movie afterwards will only make you love it even more…

15. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Is your RL name Joel Siegel?

16. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i hated all of his other movies and the village was the last straw, i wouldn't go to another of this ass holes movies if it was free

17. Lucifer

Lucifer New Member

Saw it tonight. Wasn't bad but wasn't great. Yes the story is good and new on the scene but it just didn't do it for me.

18. Two toys

Two toys New Member

he stole the idea from a twilight zone episode.

19. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

I just got back from seeing it and I thought it was good
    a lil cheesy with the effects of the creatures, but good

it was also funny, I laughed a lot :mamoru:

it was sort of nice to see M. Knight have a role throughout the movie..he's a sexy man :naughty:

20. Ry1400

Ry1400 New Member

he did play a big role.

and it was his role that you have to focus on what he really wanted you to get out of it, besides that a bedtime story could be true. we all have a bedtime story we wish was real.

the fact that his character kept returning into the scenes after that characters purpose had been filled.... made me think about why he still was showing up.... i think it lies somewhere with that.... im still trying to figure it out.

21. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i really really loved it, i thought the story was extremely strong, and that M. night has an outstanding understanding of structure.

he also can make the audience think about exactly what he wants them to and guides them throught the story which is excellent. he really redeemed himself after that shit hole of a movie The Village.

22. Turkey_Sub

Turkey_Sub New Member

Im really surprised about these positive responses.

I saw it a few nights ago and thought it is probably top 10 worst movies I have ever seen. I think this movie is one big joke, between the shitty acting and bad storyline, I laughed at the movie rather than its attempts to humor me.

If some no name director had made this movie, It never have been picked up by any studios, nor would it get any kind of positive feedback here.

23. FurryFriend

FurryFriend New Member

Ditto for me. What's most preposterous is Shaylaman putting himself in the movie as a Christ-like figure. Talk about arrogance!

Nothing about Lady made sense. Shaymalan wants people to buy his premise simply because he said so. It's one thing not making sense. It's another not even trying or caring. Yeah, some old Korean women's knows so much and some kid can tell the future by staring at cereal boxes. WHATEVER, YOU FUCK.

THe only reason he made the movie critic in the film a bad guy is so that, if real movie critics trash his movie, he can say "see, they trashed me only in retaliation".

24. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

i'm a fantasy nut, and have enjoyed all of his films. he's like a modern day Grimm Brother...he simply knows how to express imagination well on film. :)

btw, didn't read the review...i will once i see the film later this week.

25. ProgWRX

ProgWRX Citizen Dildo

Its M. Night's take on the fantasy film. Same as Unbreakable was his take on super hero movies and Signs on Sci Fi/Alien invasion movies. Aside from the stuff with the movie critic, i highly enjoyed this movie. I did however not enjoy the Village at all.