SRS Lady gone for almost 2 months

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Exiled, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I didn't think it would be this odd..

I really, really miss her..

Anyone else ever have to be away from your SO for this long or longer? Im just training hard, working hard and trying to make the time pass as quickly as possible.

2. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Im in an LDR right now, since last september. Saw her during winter break, but thats the last time I was with her. It sucks, I know, it really does. Nothing seems to work for me though between that time, but you just gotta wait for that day you see her again

3. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Hm, that's tough.. I guess maybe I dont have it so bad.. It's the first week she's gone, maybe that's why i miss her so much I dont know, I just think about her.. pretty much 100% of the time........

4. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Well, if its only for 2 months, AT LEAST you have a date to look forward to. I dont really have any date to say "okay, shes coming in 5 weeks, on thursday," ect. To be honest, the first month away, I was freaking out, it was so bad. After awhile, it will be a little 'easier,' but then again, its not very easy to begin with. Just learn to hold out.

5. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Well I wont be doing any dating, im loyal..

I did freakout a bit today that's why I posted, on the way to work I was thinking how the hell am I so distressed about this. I wonder if she feels the same way... na, probably not, lol.

Yeah, like anything I guess it'll get easier as time passes and i'll just have to keep working, training and holding out. The biggest pain in the ass is it's night time where she is, and daytime where I am.

6. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Oh i dont mean "date" as in goin out with a girl, i mean a time date

7. Exiled

Exiled New Member

OHH

Yeah, at least I do have a date where I know she's going to be back heh

could be worse I guess

8. Punky72

Punky72 New Member

My bf and I lived apart for 5 months. He was in Washington and I was in Missouri.

We would be on the phone or internet as much as we possibly could and once a month we would take turns flying to see each other for a weekend. It was a really difficult time to live through, but it has DEFIANTLY helped us greatly appreciate our relationship and each other more.

Time never passed quickly for us in that period of our life. In the end though I believe it was a good thing, because without that time apart I don't believe we would value our relationship as much as we do now.

9. Exiled

Exiled New Member

That is reassuring

Thank you

10. Mangopork

Mangopork New Member

Pay attention to the present and rebuild your life.

Find and fulfill your life's mission and your current & past troubles will seem trivial by comparison.

You also need to re-train your mind to no longer expect her to be around.

You do this by engaging in BRAND NEW activities and experiences.

Go do things you have not done before. ANYTHING will work.

It's ok man. You'll be cool.

11. Exiled

Exiled New Member

jesus

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Why is she gone?

Is she still against letting you sleep with her?

Is she still planning on marrying that guy?

13. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

It took me over a year to get over my ex, and to be honest I'm probably not entirely over her seeing as I haven't seen her in a year.

If I saw her, I don't know how I'd feel.

14. Exiled

Exiled New Member

She went to visit her family and friends in vietnam, she isn't having much fun and didn't really want to go, she just had the tickets and everyone was expecting her so she went.

No she isn't against that anymore, my work is next to her house so lets just say I stay over at her place a couple times a week.

I dont think so, but maybe, before she left I got in a little argument with her about it, it's difficult for her when she has family trying to get this to happen as well as the actual family calling her all the time drilling her on it. I spoke my peace with it and she'll do what she feels is right, either way i'll be there for her, even though I think it's stupid and I disagree with it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  15. Exiled

Exiled New Member

16. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Yup, I don't see her for many months. I do ok with it though, I'm independent and have my own routines.

17. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Military?

18. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Family lives in Italy.

19. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Now don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer to be with her than without her. It's just that I'm primarily introverted, I'm the type that needs silence and no one near me to focus on projects and to do studying or work. And since I'm a guy, that's nearly 12 out of 24 hours. Another 8 for sleep, and another couple for chores etc. So I'm on my own 3/4ths of the day, preferably.

She is independent, but also introverted so she likes having her space too. So we can go months and both appreciate the time on our own, while still missing each other.

We keep in touch daily, even if only 5 min conversations. Sometimes we don't talk at all, but usually we do.

Skype.com is where I'm heading soon to make those free long distance calls. I need to buy a nice mic/headset.

20. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

21. Matrix0507

Matrix0507 New Member

My gf is an officer in the coast guard and right now she is on the tail end of a 2 month tour. I can tell you that these spans of time apart can either break away at or strengthen a relationship and as someone above had posted, You two have the opportunity to come out of this a lot stronger. In the long run 2 months isn't really that long. Also, take solace in the fact that, from what it sounds like, this is not going to be a reoccuring thing for you...my situation has her doing this every two months for the next 2 years..:wtc:
    Things could definitely be worse for you. Count your blessings and find a new and exciting activity or be comforable staying home and watching netflix every night :)

btw, how is she reacting to all of this...is she actively letting you know she misses you and is making efforts to contact you with some sort of regularity? It is important that the time apart does not reveal a one way street. Thankfully my girl does more than her fair share of reassuring and contacting me.

22. Exiled

Exiled New Member

:wavey:

23. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Example: This morning she called me at 4:30am..

obviously didn't catch it..

Wake up at 6 for work, get 2 texts while im taking a leak.. one says "Hey let me ask you a question" and the next one not a minute later "Hey, how come you dont text me back dont you miss your girl?"

Then, on the way to work we were texting back and forth.. she said she hated me, didn't love me.. (joking) and yadda yadda and then she said she'd call me when she woke up..

So yeah, I guess she does, i know she misses me.. when she left to go she told me she cried so she has to miss me a little bit.

I miss her too!

The thing that sucks for me is all my other ladies cheated on me so I have this constant image in my head.. ...

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

She is a strange, strange girl...

25. Exiled

Exiled New Member

She's not American, she's asian, and very, very vietnamese..

She's a very good lady, definitely not american, which is nice.. very nice..

And no, that's not weird at all...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008