SRS Ladies...Over the Top Paranoid or what?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sexy Beast, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Sexy Beast

Sexy Beast New Member

I have been a little over the top sometimes when it comes to my boyfriend and secrets. I blame it on my past- a lot of cheating in the family and not enough communication! My bf isn't the greatest open communicator and sometimes he leaves certain bits of information out about his day and what he did. If I find out that he forgot to tell me something, or doesn't tell me enough (ie. I was at a girl's house....but no detials) I kinda freak out!! I'm paranoid that he may be hiding something, leaving certain things out or flat out lying to me. Ladies is this normal or am I freaking out over nothing?

2. teo

teo . => ? => !

Not really enough detail to say.

One thing's for sure, though. No great relationship exists without great communication.

3. kiri

kiri New Member

i can understand getting paranoid sometimes but if you trust him it shouldn't bother you that much :dunno:

4. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

I agree above. communication is the greatest thing a relationship can have!

5. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

What does your gut instinct tell you? Do you really think he's cheating or are you creating situations in your head?

This situation could go both ways. You could be being paranoid because of your past but he also could be hiding things on purpose. You have to really look at the evidence and see if he is trustworthy or not.

6. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

There's a big difference between being suspicious/paranoid and actually having a reason to suspect someone of doing something. And I think you more than anyone here would know if your just being suspicious or if u have the right to be worried.

And you can't blame it on your past. I can understand why you would be paranoid, but your family has no effect on whether or not your bf will cheat on you. They're 2 separate beings.

You didn't really provide much info as to what he did that would make you be doubtful of him. If he leaves a few details out thats normal. No one tells everyone everything because it may be insignificant or it was so trivial they forgot to mention it.
    But if he does mention something like, "i was just at a girls house..." ask why but don't make him feel that your accusing him of something.
    If he gets the vibe that your constantly paranoid and accusing he won't feel comfortable telling you stuff. He might even start to lie, sugar coat, or leave more things out in his stories just so you don't freak out.
    And if you feel that theres no communication between you two, why don't you start and let him know that you feel there's no communication in your relationship. See what he says.

Hope that helps :hs:

7. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

you should trust your bf. honestly like has he done anything to lose your trust? just because some people u know have cheated doesnt mean that he is giong to. well dont take my word for it but still. its unfair to him that you are using your experiences and putting it on him

8. scholar

scholar New Member

I find myself doing this sometimes. For example, last friday I was at a girl's house in the morning (she was going overseas a couple of days later) and went to visit my gf in the evening. I didn't tell her I'd been visiting this friend because I didn't want her to freak out or get paranoid or anything.

I know it's bad but at the time it seemed best not to say anything.

9. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

:ugh:

10. dano

dano OT Supporter

This is the reason my last girlfriend and I broke up. She thought everything with a twat that I spent more than 5 minutes with was after my nuts. Reality is, I'm in nursing school and 75% of the class is girls so I'm bound to have a lot of close girl friends. She couldn't accept that. I never hid anything from her, but I would occasionally just forget to mention something minute like if a friend and I talked on the phone earlier. She would even flip out over that.

Trust issues FTL. Don't let them ruin your relationship unless you have concrete evidence or a very, very high suspicion that you're being cheated on.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

1. How old are you?
    2. How long have you two been together?

These are very important questions I need answered before I can reply.

12. borazhasleftthebuilding

borazhasleftthebuilding Lets Party OT Supporter

stopped reading there