Ladies of OT: Your opinions on bald men?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Osiris^, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Osiris^

Osiris^ Creepy as fuck son OT Supporter

Hey all,

I'm 21 years old, and my hairline has been gradually receding since I was like 15/16. It's probably receded enough now for me to need to just shave it off and "be bald".

As I'm sure any man here can imagine, I absolutely loathe it. My friends and family just joke about it, because they've all experienced it or seen it happen to every man on my dad's side of the family. This does ease some insecurities I have over it, nevertheless it's still a pivotal part of my life. I'm actually boring myself with it now to be honest, I'm sick of wishing I wasn't going bald, I'm sick of looking in the mirror and thinking "For fucks sake I'm only 21, this is so lame". I'm boring myself continually thinking/worrying/moaning about it.

My girlfriend doesn't seem to mind it too much - or at least she doesn't show it - and always reassures me with things like "You're gonna be such a sexy bald man", even though I know she loves spiky hair on a man.

So, this brings me to my question for the ladies (Lads, feel free to chip in with opinions/experiences etc if you like): How much of a turn off, if any, is baldness in man?

I mean, I'm not blind, it doesn't skip my attention that nearly all the celebrity heart throbs have full heads of hair, so I know having hair is definitely preferable. However, would you not even consider a man if he was bald? Do you like it? Hate it? Don't care?

Be totally honest people, as there's not a lot I can do about it anyway:rofl:

Cheers.

2. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

If my BF was losing his hair and decided to shave his locks, while Id miss his hair, I wouldnt love him any less. I wouldnt find it a turn off. What I would find a turn off is someone with ring around the nogin, still trying to hold onto the little hair they have. Hope that helps!

3. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Some men look drop dead sexy completely bald! If the man I cared about decided to shave his head totally, it wouldn't bother me. Hair is hair, it doesn't change what's inside.. ;)

4. stormywaters

stormywaters Tornadoes are just wind...

My boyfriend shaved his head for fun and it looked terrible. I've seen some other guys that it looks good :dunno:

5. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

I love, love, love bald men. Of course it has to "fit" them. But I find it a turn on somewhat.

I agree with what Justamethang said. I don't know why certain men want to keep a hold of what little hair they have. I say just shave it off.

6. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I honestly don't think I could find a bald man attractive unless he was black.
    I have no idea why, and i'm sure its 100% media instilled, but I think black guys are the only ones who can pull it off.

7. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Actually, i'm going to go ahead and throw out there that this may change when I get older, I don't think I can find bald men attractive because most of them are way too old for me to find datable. When I'm old enough that more of my peer group is bald, I might find it more attractive.
    (I probably think bald black men are good looking because a lot of black guys my age shave their head, I can picture a young bald, good looking black man, but I have trouble picturing a young bald white man unless he's a skinhead or some shit)

8. fray

fray New Member

It depends on what you do with the hair you have left. If you keep trying to live like you have a ton of hair, it's going to look hilarious and embarassing. If you shave it off, or clean it up the best you can, you'll be fine, I think.

9. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

What if he's doing the bald w/goatee thing? I know he has to be somewhat built/badass looking to make it work but is that too biker/convict looking?

10. lauren

lauren Active Member

not really my thing but some guys pull it off well.

11. ElChupacabra

ElChupacabra we should have fucking shotguns

<elvis>Thank ya. Thank ya very much.</elvis> ;)

12. foreverLost

foreverLost New Member

turn on here as well!!

13. AGirlCalledKill

AGirlCalledKill New Member

Hey! I rather like bald/shaven headed men. I never really thought about it though untill I met my boyfriend (whos been balding since he was about 20) and he shaves his hair short but now I definately like shaven headed men! I really think that once hair starts to go you should shave it off. My dad is 50 and really patchy on his head, it makes him look 15 years older. I wish he'd just try shaving it all off. It would look much smarter

14. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I know I'm going to come off sounding shallow...but one thing I love is hair. I've dated two young guys who were going bald and it was a constant turn off. Put it this way...off the bat seeing a guy who was going bald I would most likely not be attracted to him. That's not saying I wouldn't date him, it's just that initial attraction wouldn't be there and he'd have to impress me with his personality (which is more important in the long run anyhow).

15. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I used to think like that but as I've gotten older I don't care that much. Last bf was losing his hair in the back and the current guy I'm seeing is 40 and almost completely bald in the front but he still looks good.

You may get less inital looks but as long as you have a good personality and a cute face then you won't have any trouble getting chicks. And if you can pull off shaving your head then you can always just do that.

16. kiri

kiri New Member

doesn't matter to me. i love playing with my bf's hair but it's not a turn on/off whether it's there or not. if he lost his chest hair, that'd be another story... :o

17. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

im pretty sure chicks dig vin diesel

or it might just be that a lot of dudes have guy crushes on him

18. lauren

lauren Active Member

im pretty sure it's just the dudes :ugh:

19. iwishyouwerebeer

:barf: I find all bald actors (especially Vin Diesel) gross.

I have a friend who is 21 and balding badly. He shaves his head now and even though he is a goof he gets so many woman it is insane. It's all about confidence and personality.

20. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Well shit... that means my chances with you are shot. :wtc:

21. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

It's true, I think that's what really attracts me to bald men. Plus it doesn't help that all of the bald men I have been attracted to have been in shape and a little bit older, I guess.. :dunno:

22. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

What do you mean "even though he is a goof"? Goofy guys are FTW :bowdown:

23. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

:werd: I loves me a silly man... but you already know this.

24. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

As long as the man is confident in his baldness or hairness or whatever it is, it's hot... Just trim it down or shave it all off. It always looks better neat, tight and trimmed/shaved than trying to hide it with a comb over or something.

25. iwishyouwerebeer

Don't get me wrong, I have to be with a funny guy...but he's more than a goof. He's actually quite obnoxious and immature. But he's funny too and confident so he tends to get girls anyhow.