Ladies...I got a question about bc

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Psychosheepbam, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Psychosheepbam

Psychosheepbam Oh c'mon, I'll give you a cookie.

Yea, so at the risk of pissing off all those who hate the 'omfg I think I'm pregnant' threads...well, I'll tweak mine a bit. Alrighty, I'm on the pill so periods come like clockwork, the day I take the third placebo pill. Well I've had a trip planned for a while and after looking at my calender I realized I'd be on my period while on the trip. And dammit, I didn't want that. So I asked around about ways to do this and decided to skip the period before the one on the week of the trip, starting a new pack that week instead of taking the placebos. That way, according to the newly started pack, I'd have my period the week before the trip. Well, dammit, my trip is next week and I'm on the third placebo pill today and still no period. The question is has my body not adjusted to the change and is still planning on having the period next week, even though it won't be able to since I'll be back on regular pills?

Um, those of who don't like the 'I screwed up, I might be pregnant' things might want to look away now.:p

Here's another predicament to add into the mix though. Last week I got so wrapped up in shit happening that I actually forgot to take the pill Monday and then again on Thursday. I remembere the next day both times and ended up taking the missed day's pill plus that day's pill to compensate. Yea, there was sex that weekend. So...that's where the pregnancy things plays in. I'm going to buy tests this coming weekend to sort that out, so no bitching about that one. :squint:

2. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

No we are still going to bitch ;)

First I seriously doubt your first idea is a good one at all. I doubt your body will adjust right and you will end up having wierd, unregulated periods for a bit.

People miss pills all the time. I know very few girls that will even say they dont, and I bet they lie. It happens. If you take the pill the day afterwards guess what...YOU WILL BE FINE. Its missing multiple pills, and then never taking them that will screw you over. If you are going to worry about it, even under conditions where you made a mistake, then dont have sex! Seriously, what if you are pregnant now? Is someone here going to magically be able to tell you that without knowing you at all?

Its not an ignorant person behind the question, its the ignorance of the question...what answer do you want? We will all either tell you that you are fine or that you arent. You are still going to worry, so our responces solve nothing, correct. The only thing we can do, is if the majority of responces say that you have a high chance of pregnancy (which you dont at all), that will just make you worry more, and unregulate your period more than you already want too.

Be smart about your body.

3. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I don't understand why you skipped the placebos a month ahead of time...just to get your period one week sooner the next month. If I was you I would have just waited until the next pack to skip the placebos since then you wouldn't have needed to worry about a period at all during the month of your trip.

RedVsBlue: Skipping the placebos isn't going to screw up your body and it's not bad for you. It's actually recommended by alot of obgyn's if you have something important going on and you don't want to have your period during it; so they tell you to skip the placebos for that month. If you make a habit of skipping placebos (as in many months in a row) to skip your period, then your body will eventually let a period through if it feels you have gone too long without one. I'm on a progestin only pill, and while some girls have no periods at all while on it (there are no placebos), my body will toss one period out there every three months, like clockwork. It's like at that point my body says "hey, it's been long enough & I'm ready to let it out. k, thx. bye." :rofl: It's not dangerous since your body should correct for it if your on combination pills and intentionally continue to skip periods consecutively.

Edit: Once you take a missed pill I think the time frame was something like 24hrs before you're fully protected again. So if you doubled up on tuesday and friday you should have been fully protected again by wednesday and saturday.

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

it is common to skip placeobos, but not a month ahead...
    as for pregnancy, time will tell.

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Can't.. help.. but.. look!
    :rofl::rofl:

Seriously though to answer your question, changing when you take your placebo pills isn't going to mess your body up that much. Like someone else said, some dr's recomend it. You can also talk to your doctor about making it so that you only get your period every 3 months or so (but that's info you'd need to get from him/her, not OT I am just telling you that it's possible).
    I also don't understand why you did it the way you did (skipping the placebo pills) but there's not much you can do about that now.

6. Psychosheepbam

Psychosheepbam Oh c'mon, I'll give you a cookie.

Yea, I was a moron for not skipping it just on the trip but I did it that way because I wasn't sure if it would work. :wiggle: And I only ask the question to get feedback, lol, I know if something goes horribly wrong then that's my issue to deal with, but it's always nice to hear from other people whether it be 'hey you're screwed' or something nicer. :p So thanks for zee help. I know I'll probably be fine, but the reassurance is swell.

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Just a question, but why didn't you just call your doctor or local PP and ask them before you decided to make something up yourself (with the placebos?)

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

wtf is right, thread is almost a month old!