Ladies, how important is height?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 1FastRide, Feb 23, 2005.

1. 1FastRide

1FastRide New Member

How important is height in a man? would you date a good looking good personality guy that was short. what is to short? i am good looking with a realy nice bod and all but im just under 5'7. hasnt been a problem, but every now and then i will come across a girl that the height will put her off. so just curious, be honest.

2. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

yep
    female, I'm 5,6".. My Mom is 5'1". Should be plenty of petite women out there for you. :hs:

3. 1FastRide

1FastRide New Member

ya but im after those girls that are like 6' and stuff.....

j/k.

ya, its like, i take rejection very easily, and i guess thats why i dont have a problem with females. but when i get shot down cause if height, i guess it kinda gets to me. dont happen often (the height thing) but when it does it sucks, lol.

4. D

:dunno: Ok, cool, but you're guilty of the same thing.

Guess life is just that way sometimes. Try to take it light. Let it roll off yer back, all that..Good luck w/the tall babes.

5. 1FastRide

1FastRide New Member

no i said i was joking.... i love petite woman, why would i want someone that towers over me, lol. thanks for being the only one to answer me tho.

6. D

Oops, missed the little j/k, sorry 'bout that. :hs:

Hey, in this place, you never know. :dunno:
    :big grin:

7. 1FastRide

1FastRide New Member

no someone your height would do just right ;)

8. profoundfool

profoundfool New Member

I'm going to be honest, to me height is important. I'm very short myself but I usually go after tall guys, at least 6 ft. I did however have a huge crush on short guy back in high school, we were close friends and he was just too damn cute. So there's hope even for short guys :p

A rule of thumb for most girls is to date guys taller than them, with a few exceptions, I guess. But as long as you go for girls shorter than you I'd say you don't have too much to worry about.

9. Bella

Bella New Member

Height really isn't an issue with me. I'm 5"9 and I have been around guys 5"5-5"6. I also love to wear heals/boots. I'm comfortable so is he so it's not that big a deal to me. I just dont care what people think, as long as I'm happy thats all that matters.

10. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

i'm 5'8, i've dated 2 girls my height or taller. it really sucks. but just go for girls smaller than you, you should subconsciously be doing that anyway for the most part.

11. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

Im 6'0'' and I have yet to date some that is taller than me and my current bf has to have his tennis shoes on to come close to being as tall as me. So I would say that its not a problem

12. neebelung

neebelung Guest

I'm 5'8" and I've always been attracted to men who are at least a few inches taller than I am. The funny part is, it seems like short(er) men have always chased after me. I'm not sure why that is.

My Ex is barely 5'9" (claims he's 5'10") so for 5 years, I coulnd't wear anything with even a LITTLE heel (he hated for me to be any taller than him). As soon as we split up, I started a collection of high heels, which I wear 80% of the time. My current boyfriend is right at 6'0", which is perfect... when I'm in flats, he makes me feel small and protected, and I have to stand on my tippie-toes to kiss him... but when we dress up and go out and I wear heels, he's still taller than I am, so it's nice to not tower over him.

It seems to me many of the shorter guys I've met have the "little man sydrome" and feel the need to over-compensate for their lack of stature. They end up coming off as obnoxious, and with a definite chip on their shoulder. However, if I met a guy who was intelligent, funny and had a great personality (and WASN'T over compensating for his lack of height), I wouldn't turn him down just because of being short.

13. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

for the most part it's human nature. women go after men who are taller because of the primal feeling of being protected by a stronger male.

But Im 5'2" and my last girl was about 3 inches taller.. the one before that was 5'7". She basically towered over me and was even taller with heels. Heck, my brother is 5'5" and his gf is 6' tall..at least!

Basically I'm saying you have hope. Just don't be the guy with a short man syndrome and you'll be fine. Besides.. like someone said you ought to be going after women who are a little shorter than you are anyway! I know it's hard to find them though, I've tried so I know how you feel!

14. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I notice for women height is usually the MOST important factor; but there are tiny women out there so it shouldn't be too much of a prob.

15. i personally LOVE tall men, they dont have to be tall, I am only 5'4 and i generally like 6 ft and up

16. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

i'm 5'2", and every guy i've dated has been taller than me... whether it be a few inches or a foot.

i don't think it's really that big of a deal. height is the least of my worries in finding a compatible man ;).

17. Penny1484

Penny1484 cute but kind of evil

i like tall guys, preferably 5"9 and taller, or at the very least taller than me. i dont know what it is, i have never been attracted to a guy who was shorter than me.(im 5"5). my bf is a lot taller than me though, so im good.

18. Haggard

Haggard VW crew

I am 5'9 and all the girls I have dated have been shorter then me and i love it. Im not big into a chick thats taller then me

19. Apothis

Apothis New Member

Height is definitely a factor. I also admit that I have long suffered from "short man syndrome" and all its insecurities. (5'6, btw) Though I'm at a point now where I just don't care anymore. You may find, though, that if you don't make an issue of it, she may not either (though of course there are always some who will). I think it's generally best to go for girls close to your own height though, preferably shorter. Taller can be ok, but not "much" taller. I've been with a few who were a little taller, and it was ok. But I don't think I'd want one to tower over me. I don't think I'd care for that one bit. On the other hand, I wouldn't want someone too awfully much shorter than me either. I mean, if we're boarding on midget status, ..it's a bit much for me. Yep, midgets and giants, ..not crazy about either. But anything in between should be fine. But wait, we're supposed to be talking about how girls feel about about MY height. My take is this: Of course it's come up for me from time to time. Some girls will admit their rejection is based on that, many won't admit it and will try to find a "nicer" excuse. But above all, I think personality and confidence count for more. If it's not a problem for you, it may not be for her either ..especially if you're winning in other areas.

20. TampaGirl813

TampaGirl813 Guest

I tend to go for taller guys ...I was married to a guy that was 5'6 (i'm 5'4)....
    My b/f now is 6'2, and I love how little I feel next to him!!:)

21. Original

Original OT Supporter

I'm 5'3" (only 15) and for the ladies, height has been a factor that has played against my dating my entire life. How things have gone, I'm pretty sure I'll be about 5'6" when I'm fully grown, which isn't tall at all compared to any of my friends. All the way up until now most girls were inches taller than me and were simply too stuck up to date a short guy. It seems the older I get, and the taller I get, girls are becoming more lenient about my personality rather than being a foot taller.

I believe some of it is a self image, and another is their sense of security. Most high school girls will feel embarassed to date a guy shorter than them because their friends may make fun of them or whatnot. Most girls will say they prefer a guy much taller than them, but I have found some few that prefer a guy around the same height. I know I'm lucky as hell to have found a mature girl who loves me for me and height has no difference in the relationship (she's an inch shorter), even though all her friends are tall.

Basically, to some women, yes, height matters a lot, but to others, it's only a mere bonus. Some prefer it, other's don't care. But don't worry, there are plenty of short women out there, you just have to find them :o (hell, my mom is 4'10" :mamoru: )

22. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

im 6'3... never got any complaints.. except for people telling me im huge.. :dunno:

23. Nikolette

Nikolette New Member

I am pretty petite, 5'3" and in heels like 5'5" or a bit taller but I have no problem being with a short guy. The thing is, I feel confident enough about myself to be with a guy my height or shorter without having the need to be "protected" by a taller guy. I'm not implying that this is the reason that girls like taller guys, but my friends do say being with a guy bigger or taller than them makes them feel more "protected", which is fine. For me however, height doesn't make a difference unless the guy is short, skinny and scrawny then maybe it's a turnoff but a short guy who has muscles or meat on his bones is fine. Especially if he has a great personality and a cute smile. I like guys who are my height or taller, and have always been attracted to them, so don't worry..not all girls like tall men =)

24. YOU MAD

YOU MAD OT Supporter

just date a girl shorter than you.. tall girls are gross anyway

25. I'm 6'2" and I've dated one girl that was close to my height, right at 6'. If I have a choice, I like a girl I'm dating to be about 6-7 inches shorter than me so she has to look up to kiss me. I love that feeling.