Ladies: Have you ever hooked up guyfriends with your girlfriends... at their request?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mugwump, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Like, say, I have this cute, married, lady friend. We get along and stuff, but on a completely normal friendship. I ask her, "So, you got any cute, single friends?"

If a guyfriend said this to you, would that be awkward?

Have you ever done it for a guy?

2. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

Girls are quick to cockblock even if they cant have you but in some shape way or form want you.

3. lauren

lauren Active Member

unless someone has an express intrest in one of my friends, i try to avoid playing matchmakes.

but if they want an in with someone specific, ill be glad to help.

4. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

one of my friends set me up with a girlfriend of hers... with hilarious results :)

(ok, so she turned out to be frigid, but she was cut when I told her we should just be friends :rofl: )

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I've been asked that before, but I've never actually hooked anyone up. I don't want to be responsible for their relationship (or it's demise).

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Hell that seems to be what women think thier jobs are around here. If they have a single male friend, they will try thier hardest to hook them up with thier single female friends.

Hell some girls around here are so low it doesnt even matter if people are single, they try to break people up and create the relationships they want.

This is beyond high school too, it would be understandable if they were kiddies, but I am talking about people in thier 20's+ doing this crap.

Playing matchmaker never goes well. If people are ment to get together they can do it on thier own.

7. Bella

Bella New Member

I did it once my best guy friend with best girlfriend and they lasted for 2 years. Now in those two years I barley talked to them because she and him were really me and my so thats it dont need friends or family anymore. Once they broke up it was cool. But I'll never do it again because I lost two good friends at the same time

8. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

My female friends never hook me up - which I have expressed multiple times isn't all that cool since once we get to friendship levels I introduce them to my friends...

9. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

what

10. Bella

Bella New Member

They were the type that once they got a boyfriend or girlfreind they were so into themselves they didnt talk to their friends anymore. So once I set them up, it was like I lost two friends. Once they broke up it was wierd because they both wanted to hang and it felt like I was choosing one over the other.

Make sense?

11. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

yep

thanks

12. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

yeah I think female friends have a duty to do that, especially for decent guys rather than all-out womanisers... how the f**k else are we supposed to meet women? Hit on random sluts in a bar? :slap:

13. GMACK24

GMACK24 Active Member

u should just ask the married girl to hook up with you : -D

14. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

vely

vely

funny

15. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

girls can get ahead in society if they play a pimp role.

It's like giving sex to the guy without being the ho.

16. Gladiator

Gladiator Guest

17. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

:werd: x 11tty billion... I thought having female friends that already had boyfriends would help me out with my dating problems.... I was soo wrong.

18. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

the opposite was true for me. I lost a friend because she was so resistant to "helping me" with my problem. I just wanted to be introduced to a few single girls. Instead, I kept meeting all of her other guy friends.

19. Jacquelin

Jacquelin I was your silver lining but now I'm gold.

In my "circle of friends" everyone used to be a couple and hang out together except for one guy friend who had no girlfriend. He really wanted a girlfriend and would ask me if I knew anyone and I really couldn't think of anything until I was going home for Halloween weekend. I invited him to come along because I was going to a big costume party where I knew a lot of my friends and single girls would be. We ended up not going to the party but just dinner with my best friend (who was single) and they flirted a little. He went back home with me a few weeks later for my aunt's birthday and the same girlfriend was there and they pretty much have been dating since then (this was 2yrs ago).

It wasn't a direct set-up -- just something that happened to work out. I have had guy friends ask me to set them up with a specific girl friend of mine and that has almost NEVER worked out. If they ask for someone specific I will try to set them up, even if I think it won't work, and they can see how it works out. If they just ask if I have any friends in general I usually just invite them out with us and let them pick and choose.