Ladies, do you get UTI's? Have gotten? (Urinary Tract Infection)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by chlywly, Jan 4, 2008.

1. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Looks like my g/f just got one after our weekend together (lots of good times had)...... She says she has never gotten one before. My ex used to get them all of the time. Some women I know are more prone.

Most women I've been with wash right after sex or urinate. I think /w my current girl we just lay around for quite a while, she rarely will wash herself right away after or urinate for that matter.

Has this happened to you? Have you ever treated them /wo anti-biotics?

I told her to go to the walk-in prior to work today, i'm worried for her..... Hate these fucking things. :noes:

2. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I get them quite often. It is very important to go pee immediately after sex. That will help a lot. I had like 6 of them this summer :hs:

3. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Yeah, and she rarely does...... I'll make sure she knows this. :hs:

4. controvert

controvert OT Supporter

It can also be cleared up easily with Antibiotics if she's worried.

5. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

One thing i'm worried about is that she didn't do anything about it for 2 days, after noticing excessive urinating and some discomfort, problem is she saw blood in her urine last night as well in the shower...... Is that normal? anyways hope she will be better.

6. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

FYI, men can get them too. Take care of yourself as well as your lady.

7. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I get the constantly, but mine are from an underlying medical condition :hs:
    make sure she pees after (and before if possible, that gets rid of any bacteria at the opening of the urethra)
    I have gone without antibiotics more often than not, but I wouldn't recommend it.

8. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

usualy cranberry pills (AZO) will help with the discomfort and pain and help pee less often but bigger ammounts. However SHE HAS TO see a doctor and get on antibiotics because this can easily hit the bladder and kidneys and trust me you don't want that.

I used to get them all the time not from sex but from cold weather ever since i was a child. Every time i just dealt with it with home remedies and it kept on comming back. I also noticed once or twice happened from extreme stress.

Last time i had one it stayed for good 2 weeks it started as uti (burning wile orinating), moved to bladder infection ( blood in the urine) hit my kidneys ( PAIN) I went to a doctor and he prescribed antibiotics he also told me how important was to keep taking them for the full term of the prescription and not stop them when i felt better. For first time in my life i listened and haven't gotten one since then - about 2 years.

If she doesn't get on antibiotics the bacteria keeps on living inside the bladder and can get elivated from colds, flu, stress or anything else that causes your immune system to go out of wack.

Things she shouldn't do wile having it. She should not drink any carbonated drinks or coffein. She has to drink lots of fluids to help flush out the infection (cranberry juice helps to a certain point then is useless, water is the best).
    She needs to keep warm around her waist/ kidney area. Last but not least she has to see a dactor.

9. fray

fray New Member

if she's getting blood in her urine, she should got to a doctor. Like eskarinna said, it can easily spread up the system... bladder or kidney infection = bad.

Also, UTI can be an indicator of something else, like an STD.

10. fray

fray New Member

holy what the fuck....

11. fray

fray New Member

sorry...did you see my million posts? it kept adding them in as i was typing. I had to delete like 12 posts out here. weird!

12. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

yes I get them frequently, she NEEDS to go to a doctor NOW. Once in my life, I ignored it...and I ended up in the hospital hooked up to IVs and drinking dye. NOT fun. Get her into the doctor, they'll put her on antibiotics.

Ladies, there is suppressive therapy available if you continually get UTIs. You take a pill after every time you have sex, and it prevents bacterial growth. Everyone else, remember to urinate before and after sex, especially after, EVERY time. There are also feminine hygiene wipes you can use if you just cannot make yourself go to the bathroom after/are too lazy to get up, which I have found work very well. Try summer's eve. Once again, use before and after.

13. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

My ex used to get them really frequently. She would pee every time immediately after we had sex but it never seemed to help. Not sure how many other preventative treatments there are.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Meh, they are common and they suck...but they are nothing to freak out over. As long as she goes into a walk-in clinic she'll get some meds and it should clear up within a few days.

I got one a year or so ago and when I told my boyfriend he just laughed and said "too much of a good thing, right?" Too much hard sex can cause them actually. Protect yourself as well.

15. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

never had one

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

And don't forget, if she goes on antibiotics, then chemical birth control doesn't work anymore, so you need to use condoms.

17. ASIANPRIDE

ASIANPRIDE OT Supporter

you need to tell her to pee right away and then come back..it's your bodies way of disinfecting...drinking cran juice or cranberry pills helps A LOT!

18. lauren

lauren Active Member

also could be a bruised urethra :dunno:

it presents itself similarly.

19. demosnat

demosnat New Member

O rly? Elaborate?

20. lauren

lauren Active Member

pain, bloody piss... bruised/swollen bladder = more frequent need to pee.

http://www.health-marketplace.com/p-Urinary-Tract-Infection.htm

the prevailing concept is noticing when it's bruised, and when you're more susceptible to infection, and taking precautions so it doesn't develop further into an infection.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  21. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

oh yeah the post by lauren reminded me that some women do get UTIs due to spermicidal condoms, my dr. had me stop using them after i had a few occurrences.

22. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Chances are they will prescribe her Cipro, which does not impact her BC enough to require concern...but her doctor will cover this with her.

I carry AZO with me at all times, as its a great quick fix when the pain hits.

23. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Good point....but WTF if she wants to have sex. When I had my UTI I literally wanted nothing getting close to my vagina. In fact, I didn't want to have sex for well over a week.

24. aagelly

aagelly New Member

Along with Cipro she might be given a pill that stops the frequent urges.

It turns your pee bright orange.

25. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Never go from ass to vag without putting on a new condom (or washing really well) and she should always wipe from front to back.