Ladder Theory real or a crock?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BATMANs, Apr 24, 2007.

1. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I haven't clicked the link but I'm sure the "ladder theory" is still the same concept I've always heard.

I'm here to say (at least as one woman) who says it's bullshit. I've almost always just dated my friends. I've even dated guys who were my friends for a long time before I was ever interested in them in that way.

3. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

It has some relevance, but isn’t “true” IMO. I have plenty of female friends that you couldn’t pay me to have sex with. But they are good people so why wouldn’t I want them as friends?

4. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

So if a gal tells me that she wants to be friends, but we kiss, even slept nekkid in my bed petting, necking, spooning and right when I had the dick head inserted she backed out and said that she didn't want to destroy our relationship should I worry about being on the friends ladder?

5. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Friends usually don't do that type of stuff, you probably just have to change your angle of attack.

6. mondaynightmike

mondaynightmike New Member

IS this to do with friendzones?

Either way i think it's complete crap.

Theres no such thing as getting friendzowned.

7. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

It's alot of content.

Use www.guardster.com

Bottom line is that women have 2 ladders. Friends and BF/hubby material.

As a guy u want to avoide the friends ladder if u want to get some ass.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It's correct a lot of the time. There are always exceptions, however.

For example, I have female friends that I am not attracted to. This violates ladder theory. However, I am friends with them because they provide intellectual stimulation (they are smart).

But for the most part, it's true.

And being friendzoned is a real thing. Do you have female friends who will not sleep with you? You're friendzoned.

9. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

well, as i mentioned that night (on our 4th date and 3 weeks of knowing each other I accepted her offer to stay with me (she's offered for me to stay over night in the past 2 dates - perhaps for a cuddle).

That's when I had my dick head buried in her and she wanted to stop and didn't want to "destroy" a "good" thing that we had.

She's left for Taiwan a few days later to visit her family and for some business venture that may last 6-8 weeks.

So as of now, I literally went to this jap noodle place where there is a cute Indonesian gal that looks like one of those petite Singapore Airlines Stewardess. I've been going there for over a year and finally asked her for her number.

Of course I was sneaky.

"Hey, I might be going to Indonesia for business for a few weeks and don't know the culture and language. I was hoping that we can get together and u can bring me up to speed...."

This one is 10 years younger.

10. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

No that means they either aren't attracted to you or they don't sleep around. If she thinks you're ugly or not her type then you aren't going to be any more than a friend. That whole theory is a bunch of BS. The guys that wrote that are too stupid to understand the concept of attraction and that not every female will be attracted to you, no matter what you do.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That IS the defintion of being friendzoned.

12. P7

P7 You have something on your tongue, let me get that

:rofl: Denial.

13. Midgetized

Not really, that site makes too big of a deal out of all the dumb stuff like money. And they make it sound like you can't start out as friends and then become more which is BS. Any good relationship should start out as friends first so you can see what each other is really like.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I see where you're coming from.

Ladder theory would explain your last situation as "the guy was always on the 'good' ladder."

In my longest relationship (3.5 years) we started out as friends. However, honestly we were probably friends for a week or two tops before we started dating. I doubt there are any longterm friendships that become relationships (unless the people had those feelings from the start).

15. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

My sister is married to a guy she was friends with from primary school. They were very close friends, never had any interest in each other until a few years after highschool. I don't get where you come up with your ideas/theories.

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

lol I was taking this one directly from ladder theory.

And why does everyone think that one outlier disproves and entire theory? These aren't set in stone rules... they're general guidelines that apply a lot of the time.

17. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I think dating is way more sucessful with random people then trying with friends. Not to say it does not work.

18. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

And don't apply a lot of the time. People have a really bad habit of trying to see the patterns in things that don't actually have patterns - It's actually hard wired into our brain to do so. For any theory, statistic, thought, anything, you could find people that apply to it. That doesn't mean that it has any actual relevance.

All I am trying to tell you is that sure your theories might be true with some people but for every person they work with there are 2 more behind them that they don't apply to. And you really like to argue that your theories are golden rules until someone points out that they aren't and you conter it with "well yeah, they don't work for everyone..." :greddy:

19. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Neither of the two theories we've argued about today were mine.

And they're theories. They're not laws. They don't apply for everyone. So :greddy:at you, too.

20. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

"Your theory" from the other thread

All I am trying to get through to you is don't beleive everything you read. You seem to like to read up on all this type of stuff and seem like a smart guy, but you really should be out there interacting with people instead and forming your own conclusions

21. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Oh. Yeah. Well later I said that was an extrapoloation based on the comfort zone theory.

But yeah... I read a lot of stuff while I'm at work (shhh... don't tell anyone). I'm analytical by nature so I do this all the time with everything. You should see my collection of stock market/trading books :)

22. Midgetized

Because it's not just one outlier. The friendzone stuff sounds like it would apply to high school kids, not adults. Adults realize that great relationships can and do start out as friends first and that's a much better way to go. I've never had a relationship that didn't start out as friends first and I wouldn't want to.

What do you call it when you meet a girl that doesn't fit all your qualifications? I bet you don't refer to her as being in the "friendzone", you'd just say that you weren't interested in her in that way or that she didn't meet your standards. There's no need for some silly term and a pages long explanation to explain the simple concept of attraction.

23. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

which path is more likely to lead to a "soulmate?"

Friends first? or lovers first?

I must admit that almost all of my relationship started out as friends where the gals had BFs.

However, in this particular one that I am seeing she asked if we should be friends. I'm not sure if that means friends first and more later or if that means that I am on her friends ladder, which I have no intention of being on.

She just turned 30 and according to her alot of things clicked in her head to settle down, etc....

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I hate that term. Guys use it as a crutch or something and it's just because a girl doesn't find that guy attractive. Get over it. You can't help who you are attracted to.

25. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks this, and I'm a guy. Plus it isn't hard to break out of the "friendzone" if you really wanted to