lactic acid v.meaningless worries, but still would like answers!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by zackflavored, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

I've always had a very low endurance for doing reps on any upper body workout and my muscles tighten and tire out very easily. The # of reps i'm able to do rep after rep falls a lot, this might sound normal, but it drops DRASTICALLY (in my opinion atleast?).

Then I recently read up on lactic acid and blah blah all that, however there are a lot of myths and whatnot about this subject. I saw that milk contributes a lot to lactic acid build up and I usually have milk with every single one of my protein shakes even before work outs. Is this a mistake?

I'm not too concerned about it if no one has answers but i would like a bit more UMPF in my workouts :noes: so a solid answer if someone knows would be awsome :wavey:

ah yeah and would glucosamine help out my situation, i think i read somewhere that it does? not sure! thanks again all

2. ZeroSkillet

ZeroSkillet Matt Hughes > *

I have no idea what you said...so instead Ill just say that LancerV looks like a lesbo.

3. zackflavored

answer accepted.

sorry beforehand for other posters if i wrote it in a weird fashion, i r teh droggy and tired

4. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

perhaps you are doing too much weight, or not giving yourself enough time between sets to recuperate? i would assume that if this was the case though you probably could have figured it out for yourself.

give us some numbers so we can see what you mean by drastically, and we might be able to give more advice

5. zackflavored

ah thanks for the cooperation but i am dead tired to even click my mouse, thanks anyhoo all ill start another more detailed thread else time

6. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

lactic acid is actually an energy substrate. in contrast to old school models, there's actually 10 times the amount of lactic acid than glucose in the blood at resting state. i wouldn't worry about milk pre or post workout. lactate (lactic acid) is a different molecule than the sugar lactose which i think you're confusing. secondly lactate is an intermediate for several energy pathways which come from numerous sources aside from milk. depending on the volume and set/rep schemes, I would think your low work capacity is due to low ATP pools. rest a little longer in between sets. or supplement creatine

7. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

I think bro, u are not taking enough time between sets. When i started out, I used to not count how long i waited, and just go again whenever i felt i was "ok" again, and ended up almost supersetting everything. When i started taking decent breaks ebtween sets, the drastic fall i was experiencing like you went away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.