Lack of selection

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by CoNfUzEd ChIlD, Sep 6, 2004.

1. I just purchased a 2004 Honda Accord in Desert Mist Mettalic (a beige/gold type of colour). No dealer prep and it has about 100 km. A little brake dust but nothing major.

I'm not sure what products to use; living in Canada I really don't want to buy products online since i'll probably have to pay duties.

What I have locally availble is: Zaino (premium $), Meguiars consumer/pro lines (but difficult to find), Eagle One, S100.

I'm thinking two coats of of NXT and one coat of S100? Or should I just ante up for the the Zaino package? Everything is gonna be applied by hand btw.

2. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

I think you will be impressed with NXT topped with S100.

Do you have the rest of your products already?

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

NXT topped with S100? Two carnauba products? Don't you think that's a little duplication of effort?

4. I thought NXT was a synthetic wax like Meguiars Gold class?

The only reason i'm considering topping with S100 is for the extra durability and everyone else reccomends it.

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

NXT is a synthetic, I don't believe Gold Class is though, not sure. I would skip the NXT and just use S100. Personally, I don't use any of those products.

6. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

ummm, NXT isn't Carnauba, it's a sythetic sealant. I wouldn't go with more then one coat of NXT just because in my experience I haven't seen a noticeable difference. I think you'll like the finished product once you top it with the S-100. Enjoy and make sure you post pics.

7. Would you suggest using Meguiars #16 then? Because S100, NXT, and #16 are the only waxes I can get easily from your suggested list.

8. perry

perry burp

9. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

It's synthetic, but I don't know about being a sealant. It only lasts like 2 months!

10. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Yep.

11. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You will need (at least at some point) a dedicated swirl remover like Meguiars #9, #82 or #80. NXT is a good product IMO, I get decent durability out of it. You may want to order some Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax instead of S100, similar cost and appearance but #16 is way more durable.

12. I just got lucky and picked up Meguiars #16 in an asian mall. It was on clearance but still cost $20 USD . Since I have all 3 products now S100, NXT, and #16. Is there a certain order I should use them in for best "liquid" look (not neccasarily using all of them either).

Scott: I'll get a swirl removal after the nice salty Canadian winter passes. BTW is there a major difference between Meguiars cosumer line vinyl/plastic protectant and the professional line equivalent?

13. perry

perry burp

He hangs out on Autopia quite a bit and folks have posted good things about his service... Username is just eshine, IIRC.

14. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

No major difference in the vinyl/plastic protectant.

Just use NXT and #16. You can top with S100 but I don't know how much it will increase the shine since it and #16 are very close in appearance. Let NXT cure for a full 24 hours before putting anything over it.