MMA lack of motivation while training

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Aug 24, 2007.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

this is the first time it ever happened to me and it sucked. tuesday I was rolling with some of my freinds and I just went through them. I was just having a great day I was taking these guys down at will and just constantly improving positioning or setting up subs. After I left I was feeling great. Bad ass ego boost. Great work out got subed by my one freind a couple of times and I was happy about it and we just kept pushing each other and really got alot of stuff done. One of the best days Ive had in the gym in a really long time. Went to sleep happy.

Fast forward to today. I had to force myself to go to the gym because I didnt want to go but I made myself go. Couldnt take any one down. Got mowed over by every one. Half way through escaping or trying to advance positions Id just be like blah fuck this. Didnt attempt 1 submission. I just didnt have the will to do anything today. felt like gabe reudeger. Left the gym feeling like shit.

This ever happen to any one. I couldnt find an ounce of motivation. Guess it was because I brought stuff from my personal life into the gym and I never do that I usually leave all that stuff at home and have my mind set one one thing but I had to much going on and couldnt clear my mind out. Am I just the suck or does any one else caught a case of vaginitus while at the gym

2. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Once I step on the mat I tend to forget everything else going on in my life, good or bad. I think thats why I like it so much.

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah usually thats the case. tonight it just wasnt happening which sucks because I usually work out all my shit on the mat. this week has been my first week back to rolling in a month. I havent gone back to striking yet because my hands still healing.

4. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

so you had a bad day. fuck it.

5. Placebo

Placebo New Member

You're going about things so wrong.

Why is this such a big ego thing for you? Go in to get better, clear shit up, and for whatever reason other than this ego bs.

"Leave your ego at the door."

6. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah pretty much. body wasnt responding at all the way i wanted to either. Im thinking its a combination of stress and me being dormant for a month. I should be back in the swing of things in no time

not an ego thing. what pissed me off the most wasnt rolling with people its when we were drilling stuff I was ass dragging like crazy and these are drills I do a lot.

7. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Your diet in check?

Sleep been decent?

8. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

both are sucking right now because of this job im at. Im quiting as soon as my hand fully heals and have new job offers lined up.

I'm doing armored truck pick ups right now and because of my work schedule im doing neither. Diets crap and sleep is barely enough to keep me functioning. The only reason I got to train at all this week is because there was an issue with one of my licenses so I had to take the week off till it was resolved.

They basically have me doing 96 hour weeks. I always end up doing one 24 hour shift and 6 12 hour shifts. I only get to eat before and after the shifts and the breakfast is usually crap because im in a hurry and the dinner is usually huge because im hungry and dont have time to eat during the work shift. Worst eating habits possible.

Barely even have time to get my cardio in

9. Kuet

Kuet New Member

mutherfucking :werd: and how is that sweet thang u call your gf btw ?? :mamoru: