SRS Lack of motivation at work

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tofoo, Jul 15, 2004.

1. tofoo

tofoo New Member

What do you guys do when you lack total motivation to do work? I am a white collar worker in a very slack environment and am not scrutinized at the amount of work that I do.

I get paid for all these hours but I am not doing any good work. I tell myself day after day tomorrow morning, I'll bust in there and finish my project, but I go in late every morning and browse internet and check email all day.

I know in the end, no one is going to help me and that whatever project I started I would have to finish.:wtc:

2. misha

misha New Member

i am the same in a way. it takes ALOT to bring myself into doing something constructive. I slack off a whole bunch and put shit off till later. But what redeems me, kind of, is once i do bring myself to do some work, i wont stop doing in until it is finished.

3. Thadius

Thadius Too depressed for his own good

I hide the smokes...
    Create a list of items that i must do today before i can have a smoke/go out to lunch
    Sit down work thru them.. ignore people round me, ignore phone call till the work on the list is complete....

rinse and repeat for the afternoon ;)

That or look for something you enjoy doing, tie in the smaller jobs/duties into it...

4. johan

johan Active Member

That is just classic. You perform poorly because you couldn't give two shits about your job. Perhaps look into a new line of work?

5. AMan

AMan ???????????

That totally describes me at work. I've tried to overcome it to no avail.

6. dannycarey

dannycarey New Member

it's just as bad for me at school. dont let the man get ya down is all I would have to say.

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I tell myself that i wil feel shitty if i don't do it which i dislike even more, and then i start doing it.

8. knarxed

knarxed New Member

From my experience, if you aren't having much positivity (socializing, going out having fun etc), work will be a drain.

When I wasn't happy, I'd be late to school and now at work all the time, and be drained to do either sucessfully. Now I jump out of bed and it's smooth sailing.