labtops...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by synthetic, Dec 4, 2005.

1. synthetic

synthetic New Member

i want to buy my first personal laptop....

why do they sell good graphics cards with low ghz procesors like 1.8, while a 3ghz processor is sold with video ram integrated with comptuer ram?

also whats is the difference in the processors...i see some 3ghz selling for less than price of pentiums clocking at maybe 1.8ghz but a higher model pentium processor (ie 7xx series) ???

also may consider an athlon.... whats the ebst to deal with? i saw sager offer hi performanced spec computers for best bang for buck...i like gateways (what i use at work, real thin)....

2. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

well the Pentium M is really really good. the 1.8 is a good pentium M. id only suggest thoes at any cost.

3. synthetic

synthetic New Member

what so special about the mobile technology series

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

do you care about battery life? if so then you want M processor if you're gonna be plugged in then it isn't that big of deal but why get laptop if you always plugged

5. MrMan

MrMan New Member

A 1.6ghz pentium-M, will outperform a 2.6ghz pentium-4. Therefore, while it may appear that a 3ghz cost less than 1.8ghz, depends on whether it's a pentium-4 or pentium-m.

Pentium-M is made specifically for laptops, therefore it gives performance and battery life. Pentium-4 for a laptop will use more power, using battery quicker.