TAT Labret- recession

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by chakup, Nov 9, 2005.

1. chakup

chakup Guest

OK, I really want my labret and no the risks involved. You always hear the horror stories but who has had their labret done without any complications? jewlery used? I really want this but if it's a matter of I will have gum issues, not just a possibility then I won't chance it.

2. bigmick

bigmick The plane takes off OT Supporter

99% of people who got it done at a proper piercing studio.

3. rit6uido

rit6uido New Member

Yes, as long as the labret rests against your gums, it will cause them to receed. As I found out, I am hoping that I caught mine before they got to the point where they wont grow back. However I did have my labret in for 4 years.

4. chakup

chakup Guest

this is what sucks, you get the response of 99% of people with good placement, jewlery, etc have no problems. but then the replys of you'll have issues eventually. I'll probably try it and see.

5. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

Go with flatback jewelry over a fish tail. A lot friendlier to your gums - that and get a properly sized bar length once your initial swelling goes down.

6. ShoverBot

ShoverBot OT Supporter

ive had mine for 4 years, no problems, ive always used flatbacks

7. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I had a monroe, similar to a labret, and loved it. I went to an amazing studio, with a very good artist, but after several months, it unfortunately caused my gums to become a little sore in the area immediately surrounding it. After another few weeks, my gums would bleed a little and sting a bit when I brushed my teeth. I decided that my long term oral health was more important than having something shiny tacked to my face. I'll probably get one again at some point, but way farther up and away from the really vulnerable part of the gums. Unfortunately, that's not really much of an option for you with a standard labret. Good luck!

8. audrey

audrey New Member

I had my labret for years and then one day it was starting to hurt and receed my gum. I had to take it out. But that was after years of no complications and I have had it pierced twice now.

9. CheshrKitn

CheshrKitn :o

Just got mine done recently. I was having nothing but problems with the flatback. Went in today and had fishtail put in and its like heaven. Feels so much better. I will keep an eye on it though. If I start having probs I will take it out asap. Like has been said before, health > pretty jewelry. :p

10. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

Let me guess - the skin was trying to grow over the flat back on the jewelry. The same thing will happen to your fishtail only the swelling will be worse. I got tired of switching back and forth and just decided to stick it out with the flat back. It was only an issue for about a week and then it calmed down entirely.

11. CheshrKitn

CheshrKitn :o

No it was that the flatback was not sitting properly inside and would catch the edge of my gums everytime I ate, yawned or did something exaggerated like that with my mouth. It wasnt just scraping or anything, it was actually getting itself caught up in my gums. I had two options...switch jewelry and try it for a while or take it out completely. I really like it and dont want to get rid of it yet so I decided to try the fishtail for a few days and see if it works out better. The irony of my earlier post is a day later I am now having some soreness and issues with the fishtail. So unfortunately mine will probably end up needing to come out completely. Its a shame because it looks great and I hate to lose it. :(