TAT Labret and nesting

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Geezle, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Geezle

Geezle Sweetness :love:

Ok, here's the situation...long story short, I had to replace my labret stud and the one I replaced it with, although being the same length, had a slightly smaller diameter back on it. The first day or two it just dug into my lip a little...no big deal, but now my lip wants to completely close over it :ugh: In fact over night now it does close, and I have to push it through in the morning :hs:

Now my question is, what will happen if I just let it grow over? Will I have this thing embedded in my lip forever or will the skin covering the back of it die off after a little while? I think I read something along those lines on BME/Risks, but I can't check it out since it's blocked out here at work :sad2: If somebody wouldn't mind checking that out for me it'd be greatly appreciated :x:

I could just put in a longer stud, and that would solve my problem I'm sure, but this is the size I had in there before, and the next size longer scrapes against my teeth, which of course, I don't want.

2. Geezle

Also, the piercing is about a year old now...

3. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

well the skin that grows over it wont die. it's living tissue.

even if it does grow over, you still wont have to keep it forever. you can simply cut a slit in the skin and push the back out.

mine did the same thing when I first got it, back after I had to take it out and force it back in, it no longer tries to regrow skin over it.

4. Geezle

Well of course I could always get a slit cut in to have it removed, but that's something I'd really like to avoid having to do.

When I first got the piercing it tried to grow over as well, but not to the extent that it is this time. If I just keep pushing I'm guessing it'll eventually stop trying to grow over? :dunno:

5. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

eventually. get the longer labret so that the skin will grow over the shaft and not the backing. once that is done, swap out with the smaller version so that the skin will now not be opened enough to grow around it.

6. The Acclude

The Acclude Makin' love is cool, but sometimes she needs her h

I went to the mall and got some cheap, too short shit, that gave me the same experience. Except I went to a piercing shop and bought one slightly longer so that I could still rock a spike, but not catch the damn backing on my teeth when I chew like the original long one (to compensate for swelling). Now I can put that shorter spike back in now that its been ~2+ months Just that the backing is thinner and sharper than I think it should be :sad2:

7. Geezle

I put in a longer stud that I had, but I actually found it to be too long and it seriously irritated my gums, so I dug around and found one just slightly longer than the too short one...It's slowly healing now, but because of the condition my lip was in from the too short one to begin with, it still sorta likes to dig in, but it looks like it should be all good in another day or two at most :x:

8. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

:cool:

hows the labret doing with the new jewelry?

9. Geezle

It's doing alright...my lip isn't angry with me anymore :)

10. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Man. I had that problem with my labret and lip. Eventually I got fed up with it and removed the jewerly. I did notice one thing though and that was that after a while, whenever I tried to do a real good job of cleaning the piercing, it would start trying to heal over. If I got lazy and just did the bare minimum, it would be fine :dunno:

11. ishankboys

ishankboys Guest

If I look on the inside of my labret piercing, the flat part is kinda in the lip a little. But it doesn't grow over it though..it just kinda rests there. I can move it back and forth..maybe that's all yours is doing? Does it feel like its digging into your lip or really tight??

12. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

:cool:

13. neo95

neo95 New Member

Thats why I dont use flat backs in mine. I only use the fish tail style. It is sooo much more comfortable IMO. I've had it for 4 years w/ no probs. I tried the flat back kind like yours for a couple weeks and had the same prob you do.