L4D2 DEMO

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by A-NON-A, Oct 30, 2009.

1. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

Anyone play this yet? I picked up a code for it from Gamestop but havent downloaded it yet.....

2. OneTwo

OneTwo me>you OT Supporter

start up l4d1, change settings on monitor to sepia, you are now playing l4d2.

3. greaser lee

greaser lee New Member

played it on pc yesterday. it was fun. i liked it.

4. Oh Its Joe

Oh Its Joe OT Supporter

i do but i want to wait for release :hsd:

5. Robo

Robo New Member

I acquired the demo so I could play it from a disc...the fucking thing wont work.
    Its supposed to show up in my game library, but i got nothing.

6. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I love the burst fire rifle and the guitar :bowdown:

Can't wait for the full release. The Demo gets old just because it's so short and there is no versus yet.

7. henroid

henroid dayum

very pleasantly surprised by the demo. love the crescendo event in the second level, shit is hard on expert.

and the machete is so :bowdown: so many new weapons but I get all the shotguns confused. I can't tell which one I've picked up until I've picked it up

8. sk0rcher

sk0rcher The universe is watching

Ugh its hard for me to want to throw down money @ full price for a game that looks the same =/

9. Anders 7

The next pump shotgun is my favorite shotgun. :bowdown: You can tell the new one cuz it has the extended mag tube.

10. Anders 7

weapon models and effects are all much better looking. character models/fire/etc...

11. henroid

henroid dayum

if you guys are into versus the spitter is gonna be round enders against the survivors. it's really fragile but it can deal a lot of damage really fast

12. procrastinator

procrastinator New Member

It does actually look better, at least on the PC version. Weapon models look a bit meatier, sound effects for the guns are better as well. The character models definitely look a lot better as well.

It also seems like theres enough new gameplay elements to make it a worthwhile purchase. That being said, I only paid 20 for it since Im getting it on the PC. :o

13. gensix

gensix New Member

havent played the demo but ive already heard that the spitter is a game changer. i can imagine spitting right in front of the safe house and having the survivors lose as they get attacked.

In L4D2 are the other zombie bosses still there? ie, witch, tank, hunter, smoker, boomer, etc?

14. henroid

henroid dayum

yeah spitter is definitely a game changer. so far we've had choke points that lead to the next area of the level blocked off by spit, spit shot all over a downed survivor as you're reviving them, spit in a hallway that splits up survivors. And that's just uses the AI has demonstrated.

I don't think I've seen a spitter spit on a group of freshly boomed survivors yet (either you can never have a boomer and a spitter or we just haven't run into this combination) but I imagine that would be pretty deadly. spit travels really fast, almost like a normal gun shot and spreads and becomes damaging really fast too. you almost have to react instantly and if you're in the yellow sometimes its impossible to get out of it without taking damage

original special infected are still there too with new models and skins. hunter might have new sounds too.

also the witch walks around during the day time :eek4: which actually doesn't change the game that much cuz she can walk away from a choke point so you don't have to deal with her if you wait it out. you might startle her randomly if you're clearing out zombies ahead of you though so you need to be careful then. haven't tried crowning her though. also one time we saw her walking around and she was pathing in a big circle in the middle of a hedge maze we were fighting in. a random panic attack happened and then some SI attacked. By the time we were done fighting she had sloooowly walked really close to us too so she can act like a time limit so to speak depending on if she walks towards you while you're distracted :noes:

15. henroid

henroid dayum

oh and tank AI is pretty scary now. they don't down one survivor and keep pounding at them anymore - if they incap a survivor they just leave it and try to incap another one. I think I've seen them change targets before an incap if the survivor is red and another one is close. basically it plays a lot more like a "good" player would

16. Robo

Robo New Member

I can't bring myself to pay full price for this.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Especially considering all the other games out around the same time as this that are actually worth my money.

17. Arc

Arc New Member

We had a hunter, jockey and spitter come at us at once, jockey is a great way for confusion. Got us all confused then the spitter separated one and the hunter pounced the guy by himself. The AI is much better at coordinating attacks this time around.

18. hellodon

hellodon

Was really hoping they'd do a single player campaign mode along the lines of the Half Life series for this one. You know, with a complete/awesome story involving zombies.

I was pretty disappointed when I got the first one thinking that's what it was.
    I didnt know in advance that it was just a multiplayer game. Basically just saw Zombies - watched some videos - saw it was from Valve - looked amazing - thought it'd be Half Life with Zombies - knew I had to have it. Then I got it and It was like "oh...so its not really a story...its little 1 hours stories that I have to play multiplayer....hmm" the game as a whole seemed like what you get with most games as the multiplayer mode...but that's all it was....there was no real story mode. So I paid full game price for "multiplayer content" that comes with most games these days

Kind of a bummer that its the same thing again.

Can you imagine how fun a full on Single Player Campaign would be if it was the zombie survival factor mixed with the quality/depth of Half Life 2? Would fucking rule!.....that's what I thought I was buying.

19. mdisen

mdisen OT Supporter

So pay $33 like the rest of us. :hsugh: I really enjoyed the demo. Can't wait for the real thing. :cool:

20. Anders 7

Purchaser Error

21. Robo

Robo New Member

22. Anders 7

23. Robo

Robo New Member

I have L4D on both PC and 360 actually...as pretty as it is on PC none of my friends play PC games, whereas I have a whole fucking list of people to play with on 360 (hence why I ended up getting L4D from a friend for 360). If this werent absolutely a multiplayer game, I'd definitely go for the PC version again. Unfortunately - though not from a lack of effort - Steam fucking fails.

24. Oh Its Joe

Oh Its Joe OT Supporter

anyone have someone ditch on them for their 4 pack?

25. henroid

henroid dayum

naw, talked it out beforehand. even got some friends in norcal gonna mail me checks