Kung Fu Hustle & Sin City

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SS109, Aug 9, 2005.

1. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I loved both of them, they are coming out this week. I think I will probably buy both.

Kung fu Hustle has some great fight scenes and very funny moments in a Looney Tunes way.

Sin City isn't perfect, but the Clive Owen & Mickey Rourke story lines are awesome.

2. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

I didn't like Sin City much (and I saw it in a theater). But I just saw Kung Fu Hustle and I liked it a lot ... not sure why, I just did.

3. winfieldskyblue

winfieldskyblue New Member

kung fu hustle :hsd:
    have u heard theyre about to make sequel for kung fu hustle! cant be bothered linking exact page but check www.twichfilm.net
    Sin City hmm was alrite didnt like the second story kinda cliche, marvs story was gud, the best story have to be the one with bruce willis

4. Yes Im Chad

Yes Im Chad New Member

Well of course they are cliche. They are supposed to be. They are just everyday storys with corny comic book likes, thats the point.
    I thought it was hands down amazing

5. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

lol, I found the Bruce Willis story to be the worst. And I found both the overacting and the larger than life characters to be refreshing.

I think that is one of the reasons I liked Kung Fu Hustle, seemingly ordinary people becoming supersized martial artists.

6. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

Great DVD week.

7. joonboy

joonboy thanks jennipher

kung fu hustle = awesome

sin city = shitty, piece of shit overhyped and boring movie.

8. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

Sin City was incredible. I loved every minute of it. They are making a sequel to be out next summer. I will probably pick the DVD up as well.

9. Repentinus

Repentinus New Member

Just saw Sin City. I had never read the graphic novels so didn't really know what to expect. The movie threw me off for awhile until I got used to the pace of the movie. But the Marv story was awesome. The greatest part is where he's driving along and dragging ole' boy on the street. His line "I don't know about you, but I'm havin' a ball." It was great!!

:bigthumb:

10. winfieldskyblue

winfieldskyblue New Member

the middle story just wasnt that gud come on it was a little farfetch, sure it suppose to be cause its not based on reality but still.. plus i found it corny...
    hmm i guess thats wut i though anyway..sin city is not the best ive seen this year but not the worst either...

11. Thayne

Thayne TRANCE/420 Crew

I saw Sin City in the theater and loved it, picked up the DVD yesterday and watched it and it was still just as bad ass! :bigthumb: