GUN KS Governor Vetoes Abortion Restrictions, OKs Gun Bill

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by johnson, Apr 22, 2008.

1. johnson

johnson New Member

KS Governor Vetoes Abortion Restrictions, OKs Gun Bill

(Topeka, KS) -- Democratic Governor Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas signed a controversial gun bill into law on the same day she vetoed a bill restricting abortions. The gun bill will allow Kansas residents to own fully-automatic weapons, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. In announcing her veto of the almost-equally controversial abortion proposal, Sebelius said she worried that measure, quote, "endangers the lives of women."

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

she's also the same governor that vetoed ccw in kansas, and got her veto overturned... hmmm.

3. mvizos

mvizos New Member

Hmm...maybe I can move to kansas one day, now that this stuff is legal.

4. red97gst

red97gst New Member

makes sense to me.

if you are a woman, why wouldn't you want the ability to have an abortion as well as pump 100 rounds into abortion protestors outside the clinic?

Obviously political, though. Figured most gun rights supporters are also anti-abortion, so she is able to distract people from the abortion issue by allowing civilians to become US Special Forces. I still have family out there, so maybe I should consider a graduate degree at KU :o

5. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

If WI allowed concealed carry, this state would be perfect for gun owners :hs:

There are NO restrictions here on full auto or destructive devices; the only restrictions are the hoops you have to jump through with the ATF.

6. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

great. kansas went from shittier gun laws that Missouri, and now they're better... they can own suppresors, and we can't. W.T.F.

7. johnson

johnson New Member

They have a better Castle Doctrine.

8. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i wonder what has changed for her... from being an anti-gun obama loving liberal, to signing this bill.

9. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

I'm guessing a purely political move. If she veto'ed a CCW bill and it got overturned (that takes a lot of support to do), then maybe she realized that the people that would be voting in the next election might not like her as much if she's a hardcore anti. This way she gets on the good side of the gun owners and that can mean a lot of votes.