KrEEEEEm

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by DenT, Jul 31, 2006.

1. DenT

DenT New Member

Ordered the Kreem tank liner kit today for my 88 EX500 which has some tank rust... got the combo pack with the prep and all but looking back i saw the site claimed it would only coat a 3 gal tank but other sites say other things. cant seem to find the mfg site.

my tank is damn near 5 gal . was wondering if any of you had experience with it and how far the kit stretches (perhaps just the prep part is only for a 3 gal? ) thanks

-DenT

2. noxxs

noxxs New Member

i've used stuff like that before, except it was por15, awesome shit. if anything the prep will stretch the extra couple gallons but the final coat wont. reason being is that with the prep you just tilt the tank in different directions allowing the prep to sit at certain points for a period of time until you have the entire tank rust free.

i've found that when you get ready to final coat it and you have to rinse out the tank with water, it's best to vacuum dry it, everything else will leave surface rust. just put a shop vac inside it the fill hole and let it sit for an hour or so.

the final coat is pretty much paint, so it's not likely to strech, it'd be like painting a house with just one gallon of paint, it'll strech if you make it, but it'll look like shit and need more.

3. DenT

DenT New Member

ic... how much did you use though? that the thing i have no idea how much i am going to need... the online specs for it are all over the place

4. noxxs

noxxs New Member

por15 has motorcycle kits on its website. i think they have two different sizes, one for smaller tanks and one for a tank around 5 gallons.

5. DenT

DenT New Member

lol inno but i already orderd the kreem kit...

6. noxxs

noxxs New Member

i dunno, i think the actual paint was in a quart container

7. cactusman

cactusman ever prickly, always stickly.

the kreem is shit and doesn't really compete with the por15. Kreem will start to flake off and contaminate the tank as well as the rust is now, after a few years.

8. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

Haven't had trouble with kreem flaking off and it's been in my tank for 5 years now.

9. cactusman

cactusman ever prickly, always stickly.

maybe most people don't make sure they use it properly then.. You must be the first person I have seen give it a good review though.

I can't say from personal experience. I have used por15 though, and it's been in there for about 3 years with no problem. I did make sure I dried the tank with a heat gun though for about an hour or so.. even better than a shop vac. Kinda like a big industrial strength hair dryer.

10. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

I took my time using it. I spent a day cleaning and prepping it before I started coating. Once the coating solution was in, I used a small electronic fan to help evacuate the gases as it cured for about a week and a half.