Kre-Alkalyn -- thoughts?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by BlackIce72, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Was picking up protein at local nutrition shop (not a GNC/VS, this place has pure EC stack, prohormones, etc) and was shooting the shit with owner and he mentioned Kre-Alkalyn.

I've heard of it and the concept seems great, but I told him I'm happy with CEE for now.

However, CEE is running out fast and I thought about giving this a try. It won't make a difference I'm sure but less pills to swallow is always cool.

He's got a pricematch policy that INCLUDES online stores-- very cool shop. Not like a GNC employee that pushes things down your throat.

Any experience or someone know something I should?

2. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

regular creatine monohydrate = win

3. Chris3G

4. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Good read. Thanks. I'll stick with the usual.

5. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Quick question though:

" In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach. "

Does that indicate 35% of the comparative 1% (so an 35% increase on 1%) or is it a 35% conversion to creatinine

OK so when I'm asking is KA ~1.35% coverted to creatinine or rather ~36%

6. ulter

ulter AFBoard owner

That article is pure bullshit. It's paid for and conducted by one of the largest creatine monohydrate manufacturers in the world.
    CEE is by far the best form of creatine. It was developed AND PATENTED by the University of Nebraska. Not a supplement company.
    The manufacturers of Kre and monohydrate are really suckin' wind now that people have tried CEE and have found out what works without bloating side effects.
    Our store sold monohydrate and we still could. But it's not the best product for our customers, so we don't do it anymore.

7. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Do you sell KA? What are you thoughts on it?

8. ulter

ulter AFBoard owner

No. Once again. K is an invention of a supplement company. It's good. It's better than monohydrate. It's not better than CEE. Nothing is.
    We sell PureCEE at our store. It's $28

9. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I didn't disagree. I just wanted your input because you own a shop and know purchasing trends better than I do.

I'll pick up some more CEE tomorrow then.

10. ulter

ulter AFBoard owner

You're doing the right thing.

11. Chris3G

12. robb817

robb817 New Member

qft

everything else sucks

13. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

What makes it so much better than monohydrate?

14. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

Anafit sells it and this board is sponsored by Anafit :run:

I've always just scooped plaine mono but I ordered CEE pills... I don't expect to see any difference at all :mamoru:

15. Rocky Balboner

Rocky Balboner New Member

:h5:

16. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

IMO over the years Ive had better luck with Mono and have tried everything....

Try it yourself and dont listen to the storesheeps

17. ulter

ulter AFBoard owner

Cut from an article by Chuch Zurawski.

Everybody who has worked out has heard of and probably used creatine monohydrate powder. Creatine adds a phosphate group to ADP (adenosine diphosphate) to help generate more ATP (adenosine triphosphate) while performing anaerobic exercise. This aids in strength gains and anaerobic endurance. Everybody I am sure would like this in his or her workout.
    The main problem with creatine monohydrate is that it easily degrades to the worthless creatinine metabolite. Many people get gastrointestinal discomfort due to the conversion of creatine to creatinine in the gut and end up in the bathroom feeling very uncomfortable. Another problem with it is bloat over top muscle and underneath the skin also caused by the creatinine metabolite. This water bloat lends a puffy appearance and is not very good for blood pressure. Enter CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester.)
    CEE is a form of creatine that solves the above problems. CEE is very bioavailable, is not degraded to creatinine and is absorbed by the body easily. This form of creatine will not cause GI discomfort and will not create the bloat that is standard with monohydrate. What does the ethyl ester group do? First it significantly decreases the rate of hydrolysis to the creatinine metabolite. Second, it increases the lipid solubility of the creatine. Most cells in the body have something on the outside of them called the cell wall. The cell wall is composed of something that is called a phospholipid bilayer. This bilayer is made up of two parts: 1.The polar head (It likes water) 2.The lipid tale (It does not like water).
    The bilayer is what regulates what comes in and what goes out of the cell. When using standard creatine, the lipid part does not like to allow the creatine inside of the cell and the creatine does not easily enter the blood stream and gets broken down in the intestines. CEE protects the creatine from degradation to creatinine and at the same time increases the speed of the creatine being absorbed by the lipid side of the cell wall. The increased speed of uptake also minimizes conversion to the creatinine metabolite. Due to the increased uptake of “undamaged” creatine that CEE provides, strength gains are sometimes noticeable the first time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.