MIL Korean DLPT Tomorrow Morning

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gtcrispy, May 11, 2006.

1. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

AHhhhh. I'm taking my Korean DLPT tomorrow morning. Kind of scared. We have to score a 1/1/1 Reading/Listening/Speaking. I already did the speaking part and got my 1 but the reading/listening is what decides if I graduate or have to do a 3week retrain. If you pray say a prayer for me please. :x: Hard to believe I'm finally at this point. It has taken almost 2yrs to get here. :hsd:

2. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Good luck! Be glad that you can even attempt to learn a language like that, I on the other hand failed the DLAB by a couple points when I took it last month :o

3. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Thanks. What did you get on it? I scored an 85 only. I knew I was screwed when I changed the pattern i was following. I know one guy in the other Korean class who got a 69 on the DLAB. They didn't really care what your score was. Just had to fill the required slots.

4. RRTX

RRTX New Member

I got a 79, problem is I needed an 85 to go to 97e school even though it is no longer language dependent. They really do it different for you guys, you have to get over 100 to get a language like Korean in the regular Army. An 85 would get you something like Spanish or French. Now I'm looking for a new MOS to reclass to because I don't want to wait 6 months to retake it and then have to extend just to go to school if I do pass.

5. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Ahh I see. The standard used to be a 0+/0+ but now its a required 1/1. Lots of people didn't think the students would be able to make the cut but amazingly about 90% are 1st time go's. Even worse is its supposed to be a 6month language but it works out to just be over 5 while the 4month guys get their whole 4. Alot of it comes down to the teacher and just getting the students to studying lots of vocab and work on listening. Regardless of a DLAB score, as long as its done anyone can pass I think. It is alot to remember. My buddy who made flash cards for all the words/lists etc said he has about 7000 flash cards. Some of those are repeats but still its alot to absorb.

Good luck with trying to get a new MOS. Its too bad they're so stringent about the DLAB scores.

6. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

W00TT passed. Hardest test I've taken in my life. Ended up with a 1.6/1.6/1 with the min being 1/1/1.

7. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

congrats

8. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

Wait a second....we need to hit up the bars...ot needs to stick together

you are in monterey right?

9. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Haha nope. Fort Bragg, NC. Instead of the nice 1+ yr of training we had a 5month 1week crash course :)
    oops had to fix the time lol. Its insane but as insane as a 5 week 1month ;)

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  10. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

:eek5: thats insane